Beiträge von Bkannen

Julian,

version 5.58

Here is a sample RTF file created by UseDefEditor that shows the problem.

If you save to a file, then load into the editor, the formatting of the levels after the second level are incorrect. For example, instead of "(i)", it displays as "i()". Same for level 4. Instead of "(a)", it comes out "a()". Before saving, it all looked good.

{\rtf1\ansi\deff0\uc1\ansicpg1252\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset1 Times New Roman;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset1 Arial;}{\f2\fnil\fcharset2 Wingdings;}{\f3\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}{\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green0\blue0;\red0\green128\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;\red255\green255\blue0;\red255\green0\blue255;\red128\green0\blue128;\red128\green0\blue0;\red0\green255\blue0;\red0\green255\blue255;\red0\green128\blue128;\red0\green0\blue128;\red255\green255\blue255;\red192\green192\blue192;\red128\green128\blue128;\red0\green0\blue0;}\wpprheadfoot1\paperw12240\paperh15840\margl720\margr720\margt720\margb720\headery720\footery720\ftnbj\sftnbj\sftnrstcont\nocolbal\sftnnar\saftnnar\fet0\endnhere\sectdefaultcl{\*\generator WPTools_5.500-PRM;}{\*\listtable{\list\listtemplateid1
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc1{\leveltext\'02\'00.;}{\levelnumbers\'01;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc3{\leveltext\'02\'01.;}{\levelnumbers\'01;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc0{\leveltext\'02\'02.;}{\levelnumbers\'01;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc4{\leveltext\'02\'03);}{\levelnumbers\'01;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc2{\leveltext\'03(\'04);}{\levelnumbers\'02;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc4{\leveltext\'03(\'05);}{\levelnumbers\'02;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc0{\leveltext\'03(\'06);}{\levelnumbers\'02;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc0{\leveltext\'03(\'07);}{\levelnumbers\'02;}}
    {\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc0{\leveltext\'03(\'08);}{\levelnumbers\'02;}}
    \listid1}}{\*\listoverridetable{\listoverride\listid1\listoverridecount0\ls1}}{\ls1\ilvl2{\listtext 1.\tab}\li360\fi-360\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 1\par
    {\listtext\fs22 2.\tab}\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2\par
    \ls1\ilvl3{\listtext\fs22 a)\tab}\li720\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2a\par
    {\listtext\fs22 b)\tab}\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2b\par
    \ls1\ilvl4{\listtext\fs22 (i)\tab}\li1440\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2b (i)\par
    {\listtext\fs22 (ii)\tab}\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2b (ii)\par
    \ls1\ilvl5{\listtext\fs22 (a)\tab}\li2160\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2b (ii) (a)\par
    {\listtext\fs22 (b)\tab}\plain\f1\fs22 This is item 2b (ii) (b)\par
    \pard\plain\li1800\plain\f1\fs22\par
    \li0\plain\f1\fs22 End.\par
    }}

Bill

Here's how to reproduce what I'm seeing.

1. Set the IndentLeft to 2880
    2. Put the cursor to the left edge
    3. Type: DIAGNOSIS:
    4. Press TAB
    5. Cursor should move to left indent, but does not.
    6. If you type text, it does not line up with the left indent, until you press Enter.

FYI: I noticed that after you press TAB, the distance from the tab to the left indent is exactly equal to the width of the initial text (e.g. the width of DIAGNOSIS:").

Bill

Hello,

version 5.58

If you are at the start of a line (left edge) and type a single character, then call GetXPositionTW, it returns 0. If you type a second character, it returns a non-zero value.

If GetXPositionTW is supposed to return the cursor's x position, then it would seem like it should return a non-zero value after typing just one char.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi,

version 5.58

Having an issue with hanging indents.

If I set the IndentLeft to some value and the IndentFirst to -IndentLeft, then press TAB, it inserts a tab and moves the cursor to the Indentleft position as it should. Typed text starts at the IndentLeft and wraps fine.

If I set the same indent values, then starting at the left, type in some text, then press TAB, it does not move to the IndentLeft position, only one tab stop. If I continue typing until the line starts to wrap, then the text after the tab moves over to the IndentLeft position, like it should.

Setting FormatOptions to include wpfHangingIndentWithTab did not make any difference.

Bill

Julian,

When I set a text box frame/border to "fine" or any of the other value (1pt, 2pt, etc), it looks fine in WPTools. If I save to an RTF file and open it in Word, the frame is missing.

Also, is there a way to set a textbox to have just certain sides to have a borders ?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Found an issue with text boxes and numbered lists. Here is what I did.

1. Inserted a text box.
    2. Placed the text box on the left side and sized it to take up the entire length of the page.
    3. Made the text box width 2 inches.
    4. Put the cursor to the left of the text box and hit the "numbering" tool button.
    5. Started typing the numbered items.
    6. The "1." starts over "inside" the text box, not to the left of it. I can manually adjust the indents to compensate, but it seems that the indents should know that there is a text box and automatically start to the left of it.

Thanks.

Julian,

I tried it again and now it works fine. Not sure what my issue was before.

However, I'm having a problem with auto-numbered lists.

1. Inserted a text box.
    2. Placed the text box on the left side and sized it to take up the entire length of the page.
    3. Made the text box width 2 inches.
    4. Put the cursor to the left of the text box and hit the "numbering" tool button.
    5. Start typing.
    6. The "1." starts over inside the text box, not to the left of it. I can manually adjust the indents to compensate, but it seems that the indents should know that there is a text box and automatically start to the left of it.

Thanks.

WPTools 5.58.1, Delphi 2007

Found a minor issue with the AfterCompleteWordEvent. If you do any kink of shortcut key combination (e.g. CTRL+B to bold), then start typing a word and hitting the space bar, the event fails to fire. Works fine if no shortcut keys are pressed prior to starting the word.

Thanks,
    Bill

We have the Premium edition of WP5 and for the most part, the text boxes work well.

However, one issue is after a text box is inserted and positioned, then you type text that flows around the box, then you try to resize the text box, (for example making it wider), it seems to copy and paste a NEW text box over the original. If you resize again, it makes a third box, etc.

If you resize the text box before text has been typed around it, then it resizes ok.

Thanks,
    Bill