Beiträge von tcarrbrion

I am trying to right justify text and normal fonts come out correct but bold fonts come out too far to the right. The Canvas.textWidth function appears to be returning too small a value. The same code works fine to a printer canvas or the screen, and it worked fine with Wpdf V2.

I am using the latest Wpdf V3. The DLL date is 5th July 2013. The font is 10pt Arial.

I get it by creating a table in the word processor using the toolbar. I then select two adjacent cells with the mouse and use a menu option that is simply CombineCells. The problem only occurs if I build the project with optimization on. It works fine with optimization off. This is with Delphi 6. I would like to be able to compile woth optimization on.

Theo Carr-Brion

I have just installed the new version. Tables appear to work better now compared to 5.20.0. However if I select two adjacent cells in a table and then call CombineCells it works but the whole page flashes black and white. It lokks like the cursor filles the page. It stops when I click on the screen.

There was also a problem compiling in wprtepaint.pas. NumOffs is not defined.

Theo Carr-Brion

Thanks for replying.

The problem with combineCellsVerticallyis it leaves the table in a state I cannot correct. If you create a table with say 4 colums and 3 rows and then combing the three right cells vertically then neither changing the combined cell to the right or the original cells to the left will make the border between them visible agian. This is using the toolbar buttons.

Theo Carr-Brion

I have a problem with tables getting into a funny state where some of the borders become invisible and cannot be made visible again. This happens with some tables that were ok in 4.18. They were tables that were mostly invisible to position text on the page but with some visible boxes for use as a form to be filled in. What appears to have happened is that the bottom line of the box is invisible because the cell below has its top line invisible. The rtf displays ok in word.

I get a similar problem if I use combineCellsVertically on a group of cells in the middle of a grid. in this case some of the lines at the side of the combined cells become invisible.

Theo Carr-Brion

I would like a table properties dialog where the user can select some cells in a table and change the properties such as which borders are visible and the border width etc.

I have tried to implement one in code using TextCursor.GetSelectedCells and iterating through the cells but it is not really what I want. I want it to work on the selected cells as a whole and not each individual cell so I can change a table so just the outside is visible with one action.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,

Theo Carr-Brion

For windows XP:
    1. Install files for East Asian Languages and Install files for complex script and right to left languages (this second one may not be needed). Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages. This requires a Windows CD.
    2. Install IME (input method editor) for Chinese. Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages, Details, Add. I chose input language Chinese PRC and keyboard layout of Chinese (I chose simplified). This requires the Windows CD as well.

There is also an option in the contol panel to make the language bar appear.

For older versions of windows I don't know.

Theo Carr-Brion

Can I use use wptools with chinese fonts. I have set up my PC (windows XP) so I can type chinese into delphi edits but it does not appear to work with wptools. All I want to do is be able to have chinese characters in a wptools document.

Theo Carr-Brion