Beiträge von bernr

We allow our customers to export our documents as plain text. I am having a problem when a document contains a table with multiple rows, the AnsiText returned from the WPRichText is putting that text into one big string with no spacing and no line breaks. As a result, many of our documents are pretty mangled when they export. Is there a way to control this behavior to at least introduce spaces between the items? I'd rather insert a new line between each, is there an option to do this or a way to code it?

Our base documents are stored in WPTools5 and I have a program that creates PDFs from them.

I started using CIDFontMode := wpCIDUnicode and that seemed good, but I have since found that with that option set, one of our bullet characters gets output wrong. The bullet appears to be a WingDings character 'l' in the source document, but with wpCIDUnicode set it show us as ó everywhere it's used.

I have to use the Unicode option for some of my output languages (Vietnamese in particular) and I can't find any way around having invalid characters when it's turned on.

I sent three sample files to the support email, but haven't heard anything for a couple of days, so if you need them again, let me know.

I have a set of documents that I load into a WPRichText and then export to PDF using wPDF. I need to remove all the hyperlinks from the document before they are exported to PDF, while preserving the text of the link.

I don't see a good way to do this at the moment, can you help?

Thank you,
    What we found out was the issue was RDP. When we run the apps on the console of XP it works fine, but when we were running it through and RDP session is when it had the leaks, so I guess it is Microsoft that has the GDI leak.

Bern.

When I run this sample procedure the GDI Objects grow and grow and grow.
    Any suggestions?

Delphi 2007
    WPTools V5.36

One of our clients is asking if they can have the ability to embed fonts in a document. Basically they want to have a barcode in their documents but they don't want to have to install the font on every computer.

Bern

FastAppendAsSection it not showing as valid.

Here is the code I am using to add all my documents together into one single document:

What would be the proper way to do this and have the number list be kept in each document?

Bern

Lets say I have 2 documents
    Document one is in wpRichText1 and has the following

Header Line
    1) number list item 1
    2) number list item 2
    3) number list item 3

and Document two is in wpRichText2 and has the following

Header Line
    some test

1) number list item 1-1
    2) number list item 1-2
    3) number list item 1-3

now if I do wprichtext1.asstring:=wprichtext1.asstring+wprichtext2.asstring

wprichtext1 ends up with

Header Line
    1) number list item 1
    2) number list item 2
    3) number list item 3

Header Line
    some test

4) number list item 1-1
    5) number list item 1-2
    6) number list item 1-3

so do I keep if from continuing the numbers? What I want is

Header Line
    1) number list item 1
    2) number list item 2
    3) number list item 3

Header Line
    some test

1) number list item 1-1
    2) number list item 1-2
    3) number list item 1-3

Thanks Bern

Hello,

I am going to try and explain my problem the best I can.
    Basically I have 2 documents, one that has merge fields, and another that has textboxes. The document which has text boxes is a header document that gets merged into one of the merge field on the document with merge fields.

Ok now here is my problem. When I merge the text box document into the merge document, the text in the text box document it is overlaying the text in the merge document. Confused yet. Maybe looking at the documents will help.

here is the link for sample documents
    http://www.mediamax.com/bernr/Hosted/Samples.zip

Any help would be great, we are suppose to release next week and we just found this.

In case this helps... this perked my interest, so I tried it. It does seem to be reproducible. I can reproduce it every time by doing the following:
    1. Click in the document
    2. Type "1234"
    3. Click between the '2' and the '3'
    4. Press enter once (it starts a new line)
    5. Press enter again (it adds a "zero height line")