Beiträge von RichAckerson

I downloaded your demo again. My previous test with with the prior build. I created another PDF file with Acrobat Pro. I included highlighting and decided to make a real torture test by adding custom stamps, stock stamps, strikethrough annotations, lines, ovals. cloud shapes, sticky notes, call outs, and a variety of form fields.

My issue with the highlight annotation is resolved. I am happy to report that every element I dropped on my PDF rendered in your demo.

Admittedly, some of the elements had problems:

The stock stamp moved from its original location to the center of the PDF in your viewer

My custom stamp moved from its original location to the bottom left corner of the PDF

My sticky note also moved to the lower left corner of the PDF

My checkbox, which was checked on the PDF, displays with a graphic in your viewer (the graphic looks like several pieces of paper)

If I recall correctly, most of the issues I am now seeing are not actually "issues" at all, they simply aren't fully supported items. I just thought I would list them here just in case...

Testing a sample PDF with your demo application.
    My PDF has several annotations, including callouts, lines, and a standard stamp (Confidential). None of these display in your demo although the rest of my PDF text does.

Is this a limitation or a problem in the demo?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for these questions.

I downloaded the PDFViewDemo today to test your control. I am primarily interested in the following features:
    1. ability to view a PDF document
    2. support for PDF AcroForms
    3. support for Livecycle forms

I see from the demo that PDF documents appear to render properly but I am having a problem with forms, specifically form fields. I used sample forms that I created in Acrobat, one AcroForm and the other a LiveCycle form. Each form has labels, checkboxes, radio buttons, edit fields, combo boxes, and a list box.

For both form types, I had the same results:

- the combo boxes did not render at all
      - none of the fields allowed interactive editing (the user could not make changes to a field from within the viewer)
      - the option to "Show and modify Acro-Fields" always displayed an empty dialog window despite my having almost 10 fields defined

Can you verify if what I am seeing is expected behavior? Using wpViewPDF (in Delphi 7 if it matters), should I be able to view a PDF form properly? Are any form field types not supported? Should the user be able to make changes to form fields (to the CONTENT, not altering the fields themselves) within the viewer?

Thank you.

Rich