Beiträge von JaySpock

I am using Delphi 5 and WPTools 5.19.1
    As reported by "Leander", I am unable to open: WPRichText.RTFText property, it generates error: "WPCombobox3.ItemIndex property does not exist". Needless to say, it won't let me go any further.

Any fix or work-around for this ?

I am still learning WPT 5. I need to add a line to footer in code. How do I do that?

Thanks

Jay

Zitat von Leander

The property editor for editing the text (TWPRichText component) does not work with the WPDefEditor.dfm that is shipped with release 19.1.

The reason is that this dfm file has a property for the TWPComboBox that does not exist. The property here is ItemIndex.

All occurences of this property need to be removed from the file to fix the property editor.

Julian

I tried to order WPTools 5.x upgrade from 3.x on Share-it site and got following:

"An error has occurred
    Product does not exist! At least one of the requested products does not exist."

For a moment, I thought there is no upgrade from 3.x to 5.x but clicking on MANY other links (e.g. 4.x to 5.x, etc) produces the same error. It is possible that this may be a temporary problem with Share-it server.

Please check links on:
    http://shareit1.element-5.de/product.html?p…3808&cart=1

In any case, I could NOT order the upgrade. Will try gain tomorrow/later.

Thought you would like to know!

Sincerely

Jay

Hi,

Using Delphi 5, Windows XP and 2000 Pro.
    I have WPT 3.x that I have not used in 2+ years. Starting a new project so I want to use the latest WPTools. I will upgrade to WPTools 5.x just for the following requirement which relates to changing Text of the Hyperlink in a Hyperlink event at runtime.

My questions has been touched in the following post by Erir (ehimmer):
    --> Mar 21, 2005 11:12 pm Post subject: How to create embedded picklists? Apparently, Eric was pleased with the solution he found but he did not share it with mere mortals.

Just to be clear about my vocabulary, Hyperlink's url = "http://www.yahoo.com" and Hyperlink's Display Text = "Yahoo". Following is what I need to do.

At startup, I want to save a tokenized list in Hyperlink's url (e.g., Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, XL) and show"Medium" (one of the list items) as hyperlink's Display Text. The HTML equivalent would be <a href="Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, XL"> Medium </a>

When user clicks on Hyperlink ("Medium" at this point), program reads the associated URL and detokenizes the list. Thus, I can show a CheckListBox with items: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, XL. Let us say, user selects: Large and XL. I want to change Hyperlink's Diplay Text to "Large and XL". Now, I should have HTML equivalent of <a href="Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, XL"> Large and XL </a>

How will I do this with WPTools 5.x ?
    Which is the best Event to use to do this with one click from user ?
    Which object to use and which properties will need to be set to accomplish the above ?
    Do I need to call "Refresh" or something similar to update the display ?

I have been away from WPTools too long, so explicit/clear example code will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Jay