Beiträge von sami

Hi

Is there a insert method equivalent to the following append

link_tag = par->AppendNewObjectPair(wpobjHyperlink," WPCubed GmbH");
    link_tag->Source = "https://www.wpcubed.com";

I am guessing it has something to do with Cursor position in the Paragraph object but not sure. The new hyperlinks gets appended to the end of the paragraph rather than where the cursor is located!?

Builder C++ 6.0
    WPTools 6.0

Thanks

Julian, Hi

The latest WPSpell v1.0 (02-22-2010) installed fine but the problem with MDIChild not detecting the Spell Change still remains :?

I remove the WPTools 5.0 Package and re-installed the package with the latest WPSPell in tow. Could it be that I should have cleaned the WPTools directory before rebuilding the WpTools package?

I'll ask another developer to verify my results but as before the Spell Change is detected in a non-MDIChild (Modal) Object but not in a MDIChild.

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the following property not changing state after a WPSpell word Change from within a MDIChild dialog. WPSpell detects and replace the word but does not change the state of the WPRichText Object

WPRichText1->Modified

I verified and the same property works Fine when the WPRichText dialog is Not part of the MDIChild ( sample WPSpell C++ code provided by WPCubed support)!

Is there an alternative to 'Modified' in case this property is not supposed to get set in a MDIChild when WPSPell replaces a word?

Thanks

Note: The WPSpell Object was include once as part of the MDI Parent.
    WPTools 6.0
    WPSpell 1.x
    Borlanc C++ Builder 6.0

Hi

There seems to be a problem with the following property not changing state after a WPSpell word Change from within a MDIChild dialog. WPSpell detects and replace the word but does not change the state of the WPRichText Object

WPRichText1->Modified

I verified and the same property works Fine when the WPRichText dialog is Not part of the MDIChild ( sample WPSpell C++ code provided by WPCubed support)!

Is there an alternative to 'Modified' in case it is not available in a MDIChild?

Thanks

The WPSpell VCL was include as part of the MDI Parent.

Hi

Based on previous e-mail and other postings I tried using WPRichText instead of DBWPRicText but I am still unable to detect a Change event when WpSpell replaces a word!?

Tried using the C++ Demo module provided by WPTools support for WPSpell and still unable to update the WPRicText->Modified from within OnChange event for the RichText object when WPSpell Changes a word. The OnChange event does not activate after WPSpell replaced a word!

The same RichText object register a OnChange event and the state for WPRichText->Modified changed to 'true' when I pasted in a string.

Julian, Hi

Thanks for the AddFormPath() hint, that seems to resolve the problem with the application not finding the Dictionary file.
    There however a couple of functions on the WPSpell Check Dialog which still I am not clear on

- what does the 'Configure' button do?
    - will the personal Dictionary addition get preserved when using the 'Add+' button on a Server per user login profile?
    - are there any other Dialog(s) associated with WPSpell?

Hi,

Using the Sample C++ code WPTools support provided for my earlier WPSpell problem, the WPRichText1->SelectAll() does not select. I have tried te same code on another machine with the same result.

Is there a WPRichText object property I am over looking or shall I post the Text dump of the .dfm in my next e-mail?
    As I mention the same code works fine with ver 4.5 of WpTools currently in production in certain sites.

Thanks for the Font heads up, I'll use it as soon as get this select proble resolved.

Hi

I am trying to upgrade a legacy WPTools 4.5 code in which the following works fine

WPRichText1->Clear();
    WPRichText1->AsANSIString('RTF');
    WPRichText1->AsString = " This is a Selection Test";
    WPRichText1->Refresh();
    WPRichText1->SelectAll();
    WPRichText1->Font->Size = 20;

The same code runs under WPTools 6.0 but the SelectAll() does not select any text. Hard to compare ver. 4.5 of the WPRichText object vs 6.0 since they are not similar.

It must be something obvious but I am at a loss.

Thanks

RDI : Borland C++ Builder 6
    WPTools 6.0

Hi

I managed to get the Sample running but there are a few questions I did not get the needed answers even after the Editor in the sample came up,

- What does the 'Configure' button do and is the functionality any different from the button on the Spell Check dialog?

- Does WPCUBED have any User Manual on how the SpellCheck Dialog suppose to work?

- How can I change the Default directory for the 'Language Dictionary' from within the C++ code?

- The WPSpell Help simply brings up what is in the .pdf file, is there an extended Help file for the WPSpell 1.0?

- If the SpellCheck is called from a MDI dialog the SpellCheck dialog also acts like a MDI, How can I make it work like MODAL dialog?

- Why didn't the installation of the WPSpell 1.0 generate the following file?
    WPSpell_OptForm.obj

Thanks

Julian,

I realized that as soon as I hooked the query to the WpRichText component. But the extra step is not required in this case since I am only moving the RTF content to a file.

For places that we actually use the WpDbRichText object to display the RTF content from the database the extra steps poses a problem since everything goes through the 'DataSource' objects.