Beiträge von ralfiii

Recently I wanted to make some minor changes to an application that uses WPTools to generate reports.

Doing that I stumbled over a problem in WPDF.
    It seems the PDF/A support of WPTools has a bug.
    Clipping is not handled properly when using a metafile and GDI+
    (It's not clipped at all)

1) A WPRichText object is created and a metafile with clipping and a gdi + polyline inserted.
    2) PDFA is set as a print option
    3) -> clipping does not seem to be working. If I don't use pdfa it works!
    4) A standard GDI polyline works! (I suppose the GDI+ metafile is written in 2 versions, a gdi and a gdi+ compatible version).

Help!!!

I have created a small demo-application that shows the problem.
    I've uploaded it here:

(btw: The URL-Link-function of the forum seems not to work. And why can't I attach anything here in the forum? Would be handy.)

I use WPTools 6 and the last wPDF version[/url]

After upgrading from WPTools 6.2.7 to Version 6.2.8 I suddenly experience bad misbehavior:

I create a document with dynamically inserted graphics at runtine. With the new version WPTools sometimes "forgets" to insert a pagebreak when a graphics doesn't fit on a page anymore.

Here is some code dempnstrating the problem:
    (Just create a fresh empty project and wire the code to a button-OnClick-Event.

When you look at the resulting printout: After the 1st graphic there's a pagebreak but after the 2nd graphic the pagebreak is missing and therefore the 3rd graphic is half-clipped.

The 4th graphic is printed fine again...

Please HELP!!!! It's utterly urgent.

I'd like to insert graphics into a WPRichText.
    (The graphics are generated by the App dynamically - bitmap-graphics or wmf vector graphics. The text holds tags that are replaced by these graphics)

Now there seem to be various ways to do that, e.g.

Code
    // Prepare graphicgra:=TBitmap.Create;gra.LoadFromFile(AppPath+'monitor_64.bmp');  // just a sample, in reality this is painted somewhere...wpimg:=TWPOImage.CreateImage(WPRichText1.Memo.RTFData, gra);// code specific for this solutionwpimg.WidthTW :=1000;wpimg.HeightTW:=1000;WPRichText1.TextObjects.Insert(wpimg);

or

Code
    // first 4 lines as in the 1st sample

wptobj:=WPRichText1.TextObjects.InsertNewObject(wpobjImage);
    wptobj.ObjRef:=wpimg;
    // object size is ignored - needs to be set here
    wptobj.Width :=1000;
    wptobj.Height:=1000;

What's the difference, which one is recommended and is there a better way to do that?

Thanks!

Strange, I have a very similar problem.

If I use

Code
    WPRichText1.Finder.ToStart;     WPRichText1.Finder.ReplaceAll('xxxx', 'yyyy');     WPRichText1.ReformatAll(True, True);

then it works. Unfortunately I can't use that approach. I need to evaluate tags and replace them intelligently.
    (A tag would look like this: {V Params})

So I tried

and this doesn't work, no matter which insertion method I choose. The formatting of the paragraph is always lost for the inserted text.

HELP!
    Thanks!

I didn't find useful information on this:
    What's best: Should I use this file or shouldn't I?

In the download area I read: "RTF writer unit to avoid problem with Word"

My users may not use Word with the reports they create for my application.
    Should I still use this unit or should I leave it away?
    (What is maintained better, stability etc.)

Thanks,
    Ralf