Beiträge von donckerbergh

Hi,

We've experience some problems with the 'old-style bookmarks.

In our older application (v4.x) we've using wptools v3.x for several years, in this version we're (ab)using
    bookmarks to add some extra data/info to our documents (which is stored as-is into the database, blob data).
    Recently we've updated our major product to a new major version (v5.x) with this version change
    we've also updated the wptools suite from v3.x to v6.2x. So far so good.

The 'new' wptools suite have support to add some extra data to the document, so we have to 'convert' and 'delete'
    our old bookmarks and put it into the new style of extra storage.

All clear and working but... Some of our customers are complaining that the stored data/text from the
    past is 'gone'... :-( After we've done some research to this problem we've found the following
    (which is causing the problem) it looks like it that the text/data is not gone, but it is invisible.

You may think...hu how is that possible... as far as we can see it looks like it that the 'normal' text
    is now a part of the bookmark text/data, and because we have the property "BodyText(TWPRichText).BookmarkTextAttr.Hidden"
    set to "False" we (and our customers) don't see the text anymore.
    In some odd kind of way it looks to us that the previously stored bookmark (wptools v3.x) is not closed correctly and
    now causing a problem when reopening with wptools v6.2.x.

This problem already exists when opening the (in the older made up version of wptools) document
    in wptools v6.2.x before we do any converting of the bookmark data.

I'll attach a bitmap file which contains four screenshots, an attempt to visualize the problem en founding's.
    - Screenshot 1. (fail) Document A. made up in wptools 3.x (unclosed bookmark, with debug data)
    - Screenshot 2. (fail) Document A. made up in wptools 3.x (unclosed bookmark, without debug data)
    - Screenshot 3. (success) Document B. made up in wptools 3.x (closed bookmark, with debug data)
    - Screenshot 4. (success) Document B. made up in wptools 3.x (closed bookmark, without debug data)

Is the above situation correct, plausible and understandable?
    If so... is there an workaround/fix for this problem? e.g.. how to 'close' unclosed bookmarks for example?

If there is more information, explanation needed, please let me know ill try to provide it to you.

Kind regards,

R. Lichtendahl
    ENK Software BV.
    Europe - The Netherlands (+1GMT)

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.enk.nl/screenshot/wpTools6.png]

Hi,

We are using WPSpell 1.55 and experience some (the same?) problems under certain circumstances. Our application (with WPSpell 1.55) is running on a variety of OS's.

On some OS configurations (Vista/Win7/W2K8/W2007/...) the DCT files which are queried by the TWPSpellController.AddFromPath routine are not found!.
    After doing some small debug work we've found the following line of code which is causing this 'problem'.

Unit : WPSpell_Controller.pas
    Method : AddFromPath
    Line nr: ~ 2726

[code snip]
    repeat
    if (sr.Attr and FileAttrs) = sr.Attr then <<--- problem caused by this line
    AddFromFile(path + '\' + sr.Name);
    until FindNext(sr) <> 0;
    [/code snip]

When evaluating the sr.Attr value the debugger returns 8224 instead of an masked 63 value. This problem can easily reproduced...

Locate the .DCT file which are added by the AddFromPath method, right click on a DCT file and go to the 'advanced' settings of the file.
    Uncheck the "file contents and properties can/may be indexed" checkbox (don't know how they call it exactly on a English OS, I'm having a Dutch OS).
    When Unchecking this property the attribute FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_CONTENT_INDEXED = $00002000 is added to the current file attributes. And voila... problem created.
    Check in your app if the WPSpell part *CAN* find this 'changed' file. In our code/app it won't!

when changing the source line: if (sr.Attr and FileAttrs) = sr.Attr then
    into: if (sr.Attr and FileAttrs) > 0 then
    it all works fine.

Is this 'fix' correct?

Thanks in advance,

R. Lichtendahl
    ENK Software BV.

Hi to all,

I've two short questions, ill hope you can help me out.

Where can i find some changelog information about the products WPTools 6 and WPSpell? Currently we use WPTools 6.28 and WPSpell 1.55. I'll know there is an WPTools 6.29(.x?) version and a WPSpell 1.58 but I can't find any info about it.

The other question would be... where can we find the WPTool 6.29.x version for download? also the same applies for the WPSpell 1.58 version. The installer on the website say's its version 1.00, but when download and running it, it would tell us that its version 1.58.

Changelog is needed for checking if some issues we experience are fixed.

Best regards,

R. Lichtendahl
    ENK Software BV.