Beiträge von starcem

Hi Julian,

If I insert an image or a file (e.g. a file of text) into WPRichText, the image/file is ignored insofar as the Undostack is concerned.

This also happens in the demo default editor (UseDefEditor).

Is there a way to get these included (in the Undostack)?

I've tried using WPRichText1.Memo.RTFData.UndoStack to no avail;

By the way, when I cut and paste an image, everything works fine. It's when I use InsertGraphiDialog and LoadFromFile that it doesn't,

Starcem

Hi Julian,

I did actually try the compiler define COMPRESSIMAGEASJPEG but couldn't quite get it to work. The image wasn't being saved at all. From what I had read in the forums, I assumed that this was one of the limitations of the demo version.

Starcem

Hi Julian,

I would like to have images embedded in the rtf document as jpeg rather than bitmap as they appear to be in version 4. Is this possble in version 5? Even if the source image is a bitmap? How would resolution be specified?

Due to the limitations of the evaluation version, I cannot try this out for myself.

Starcem

Hi Julian,

I tried the UpdateReformatMode(True) but to no (apparent) effect.

Just a bit more detail:

The text seems to wrap around a few mms earlier. Shaded lines are definitley wider (as in height).

I printed the same document from both versions 4 and 5. I then lined one up against the other. And even where there is no extra wrapping or shaded lines, there is definitly some slippage. The top of the page (i.e. the heading) lines up fine.

Each time I used the same PC and the same printer and settings. The only difference is the version of wptools.

However, the WYSIWYG aspect is fine. What prints out on paper is indeed how it appears on screen.

If it will help to understand what I'm getting at, I can take a couple of screen shots (v4 and v5) and email those to you.

Starcem

Hi Julian,

I meant sections in the visual sense. You could just say multiple rows that to the user appear as groups, each separated by a row that contained the one column which was a heading. All part of the one table though.

In version 4, I was able to resize the columns (or should I be saying cells?) in one group without affecting the other groups. In version 5, if I try to resize, the corresponding columns in the other groups are automatically resized as well.

I've tried wpTableOneCellResizing but that didn't work.

Starcem

Hi,

A document created and printed in version 4 and then loaded into version 5 (demo) and printed, drops 1 centimetre or more (depending upon contents) in the print. The page margins are set the same. Fonts are the same. The first line lines up OK. However, after that there appears to be slight slippage throughout the document.

On most documents it will not be an issue. But in some cases, it will force the document into a second page.

On some docs the margins seem to be handled differently. On others, shaded lines seem slightly bigger (in version 5).

I haven't been able to find anything in the help or forums so far.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Starcem

Hi,

In version 4, if a table had multiple distinct sections, you used to be able to resize the columns of any one section without affecting the size of the columns in the other sections.

However, in version 5 (demo), resizing affects all columns even though they are part of another section. This is despite the DisableAutosizeTables property in FormatOptions being set to True.

Are there any other property settings that might help get the same effect as in version 4?

Starcem

Julian,

I did find that the document you pointed me to had, as you suggested, installed with the demo. In fact, I had browsed it before but had missed the section entitled 'Notes for Upgraders'. I had been looking for a pdf specifically called WPTools5Upgrade.pdf.

Thank you for your assistance. Forgive me for my oversight.

Starcem

Hi,

In vers 4, TWPRichText had a property WPUndoStack. In vers 5, it no longer appears to exist.

Is there a new way to assign an UndoStack to a RichText object?

Starcem

Hi,

I'm currently trialling an update from ver 4 to ver 5. I've had a good look through the forum for background. On a number of posts I found reference to a document called WPTools5Upgrade.pdf. However, for the life of me, I can't locate it anywhere on the web site.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Starcem