Problem with image print quality

• OK, since no one seems to be answering my previous post regarding the problems I'm having with the support email address, I guess I'll have to try and get help here.

I'm having a problem with the image quality (when printing) on PDF's generated from the wPDF component. The problem is, the PDF's themselves look fine, but when printed, all images have a "shaded" or "pixelated" background. I wrote a test project to that has a PDF and Printer button. The PDF button creates a PDF and draws a barcode image on the canvas from a file. If this PDF is printed, the background of the barcode will show as shaded. The Printer button draws the same bitmap out to the Printer's canvas and when printed, does not display the "shading". I've tried many, many variations of getting the bitmap out to the PDF's canvas (CopyRect, StretchDIBits, DrawGraphicFile, DrawBitmap, etc), all with the same results.

Can someone please help me out with this, or at least point me in the right direction as to how to fix it? We have an impending release of our software that I need to get this fixed in, and the client is very hot on getting it resolved.

I am printing out to a HP Laserjet 1100, and the shading is very evident from its output. I've also tried it on an HP Laserjet 4 and although it looks better, the shading is still slightly visible.

I have the test project available if anyone needs to look at it. Thanks in advance...

Martin

• Settting the Monochrome property to true did not fix the problem. Also, what exactly do you mean when you say "when you draw that bitmap, also make sure you set White to clWhite and not clWindow"? What "White" are you talking about? Is that a property or a parameter somewhere?

I have the sample project available if you would like to try this yourself..just let me know what address and I can email it to you.

Martin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>> What "White" are you talking about? Is that a property or a parameter somewhere?

This was just a suggestion. I mean clWhite, the color constant. If this applies to your application/code I cannot know, but it is possible.

>> Settting the Monochrome property to true did not fix the problem.
    How is the bitmap then exported? wPDF will leave monochrom images alone and not convert to RGB.

Julian