WPtools Demo's - differences in paragraph display

• I am testing WPtools with a view to using, and have the following problem:

I load an rtf document into the Wpmultidemo - no problem - similar to original. I load the same document into Mini demo and the paragraph spacing is wrong.
    The original doc was created in Word and saved as an rtf. I noted the para spacing in doc was in pt whereas in rtf it was in cm. What am I missing ?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

spacing in RTF is always stored as twips values. The representation in the GUI can be adjusted.

The multi demo is a bit newer than the mini demo - that was compiled with V5.15 - probably the reason for the wrong display.

The last weeks the RTF reader + renderer has been optimized to show word spacing, tables, alignment a lot better. We are working with an insurance company who have a really stuffed form which needs exact spacing and small fonts. So several improvements have been introduced.

Julian Ziersch

• Thanks for the reply, but still not sure how to fix my problem ..

In the Multidemo, F1 works ok while F7 doesn't.

The TWPrichtext component I recently downloaded (ver 5.15.5d) also doesnt work - which is why I have spent the last 2 days trying to fix it.

Where to from here ?

• To quote:

"The demo F7 does not use the mentioned flag which F1 does. "

- Not sure what the above 'mentioned flag' is - please clarify.

"It is just a matter of configuration"

- OK .. . . so if it just about configuration, please tell me how to do it.

Thanks,
    Andre

• Thanks.

Like your other client, I will also need accurate rendition of standard rtf behaviour, like the spacing before and after paragraphs. Currently, v3.15 displays this incorrectly.

I have 2 questions:

1. You have said the new reg version is V5.17.4 - is this version available as a demo for evaluation ?

2. You suggested changing the flag wpDisableAutosize tables - I presume this a v5.17 feature (I couldn't see it in 5.15). Will this property setting affect the rendering of Tables as well as paragraphs ?

Andre.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>1. You have said the new reg version is V5.17.4 - is this version available as a demo for evaluation ? <<

No, while the EXE multi demo is compiled with a fresh release every time, the demo VCL is not updated so often.

>>2. You suggested changing the flag wpDisableAutosize tables - I presume this a v5.17 feature (I couldn't see it in 5.15). Will this property setting affect the rendering of Tables as well as paragraphs ? <<

I don't recall when wpDisableAutosizeTables was introduced. It affects tables only, not paragraphs.

Julian Ziersch