FAQ: Why does TextDynamic has Editor #1 and Editor#2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Q: In the manual I always see "the upper editor" and "the lower editor" or "editor 1" and "editor 2". For now I only want to edit database blobs, I don't see why I would need a second editor for this.

A: I aggree that on the first look the option of having a second editor makes things more complicated. But you can simply ignore that if you only need one editor. Create a single editor using SetEditorMode for example with

In this C# code the flags for the 'unusual' additional panels have been disabled and there is also only one editor. Internally the second editor has not been created so you do not loose any resources.
    The properties Text2, SelectedEditor and Memo2 should be not used.

But when would you use the second editor?

One could say "to edit a second database blob", but that is not what we had in mind. If you have 2 ore more RTF fdields in your database you would create multiple TextDynamic objects.

This second editor is a) to display a second view for the text loaded in the editor. You can see that in some text processors, it is usually called split screen. It makes only sense if the window reserved for the TextDynamic control is large.

b) display a preview of the text - this makes sense if you use a smaller zoom level (or thumbnail) for the second editor (which is readonly in this case)

c) for reporting. This is a feature which has not been activated yet, but will when completed combine a reporting template with text from a database and store the created text in the second editor.

Please note that it is possible to completely hide editor one or two - the user does not have to see both editors, i.e. the "reporting template" can be hidden from the user. (Use property Memo.Hidden and Memo2.Hidden)

Regards,

Julian Ziersch

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von support (5. April 2006 um 07:52)