Events and Drag-Drop

• Hi,
    I have searched the forum and documentation, but I don't sem to be able to find any information on mouse events and drag-drop.

Are standard mouse events such as MouseEnter fired?
    Are drag/drop events such as OnDragDrop fired ?

VS.net (2005) lets me add handlers for them in the GUI, but then when I try to view the form (actually a user control in this case) in VS.Net, it pukes with an error saying "The type 'WPDynamic.WPDLLInt' has no event named 'MouseEnter'" This certainly appears to be accurate since I cant find the event in the object browser or Reflector. When I use AddHandler the target method never fires.

If these events aren't fired (especially the drag drop) are there any known workarounds? I could always trap the event manually by using non-CLR/PInvoke code, but that seems like a pain

Thanks,
    Chris Moses

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the following standard events are not available

They are removed using a ControlDesigner - I wonder why VS2005 displayes them.

The following mouse events are published instead:

OnMouseMove
    OnMouseDown
    OnMouseUp
    OnDoubleClick

they receive a MouseEventArgs which can be casted to wpMouseEventArgs. wpMouseEventArgs contains the additional property Editor (the number of the editor) and Shift, a bitfield for the shift state which was missing in the original MouseEventArgs.

I wanted to implement .NET drag&drop but I haven't yet developed the concept fully.

Julian Ziersch

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I am a bit surprised. I had removed the drag events because I thought they were not ready, but using this example code dragging items from a string list into the editor works (adapted from an articel on codeproject)

Dragging text from the editor to the listbox does not work ok since the internal drawg&drop support interferes (it is not possible to use MouseDown to start the Drag operation)

Julian