new functionalities of wpdf 3.0

• Good afternoon,

It was reading the new functionalities of wpdf 3.0, and I have any doubt

Zitat

Support for standard brush styles (hatching)

What means this?

Zitat

TransparentBitBl

and this?

Zitat

Creation of PDF/A complient PDF files (with added meta data and PDF tagging when you use it with WPTools)

and this?

Zitat

Support of CID fonts (known as "unicode" support)

and this?

Zitat

Automatic reuse of the same image data. This way, when you export a document which often uses a logo the PDF file will be significantly smaller

This would leave the smaller file using the same image, this reuses only the image will be in the header or footers?

Zitat

Binary Data embedding: You can store the document source which was used to create a PDF file within this PDF file. When you use WPTools for the PDF creation you can store the RTF source document inside of the created PDF *** data, the user only has to click on an icon to extract this document. This can be a great feature if you use it to embed programming examples within your programming manual

Could I extract rtf file that generated the pdf?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

WPSupport: I added my answers a bold text.

Zitat

Support for standard brush styles (hatching)

What means this?

Canvas.Brush.Style supports some standard values, such as diagonal stripes. Those are now emulated by wPDF.

Zitat

TransparentBitBl

and this?

This is a special windows GDI call. It allows to specify a transparent color when drawinbg a bitmap. Unfortunately printer driver usually do not support this so it is seldomly used.

Zitat

Creation of PDF/A complient PDF files (with added meta data and PDF tagging when you use it with WPTools)

and this?

PDF/A is a specification for PDF files which a) should be readable in future, too and b) allow the accessibility, for example better support screen readers. While a) can be easily accieved by embedding fonts, disabling encryption b) requires to mark the elements of the PDF which hold information and which are only part of the layout, such as header and footer. wPDF 3 in combination with WPTools 5 also does (b).

Zitat

Support of CID fonts (known as "unicode" support)

and this?

This makes it possible to print unicode text, such as greek and russian using unicode values. They are converted to character ids (CID) which actually reference the position of a character in the font data. Note: Asian text is still exported using the Adobe asian codepages.

Zitat

Automatic reuse of the same image data. This way, when you export a document which often uses a logo the PDF file will be significantly smaller

This would leave the smaller file using the same image, this reuses only the image will be in the header or footers?

Yes, but this functionality is not limilted to export from WPTools. It also works when PDF are exported from ReportBuilder or QuickReport.

Zitat

Binary Data embedding: You can store the document source which was used to create a PDF file within this PDF file. When you use WPTools for the PDF creation you can store the RTF source document inside of the created PDF *** data, the user only has to click on an icon to extract this document. This can be a great feature if you use it to embed programming examples within your programming manual

Could I extract rtf file that generated the pdf?

Acrobat Reader can display an icon which the user can click for such embedded elements. They then have the option to save the embedded data. WPTools 6 will also come with a special object class which can be used within the text to store such data.

Julian