TextDynamic OCX in access adp

• I am evaluating theTextDynamic control with an access adp and a sql server 2000. It only works if I bound the TextDynamic control to an image field on the database server to store the data.

Until now the RTF data is stored in a text column, this mean all the data have to be transfered into another column using an image datatype. This would no be a big issue. But the problem is, that there is also a ms wordmacro using the same database column to read the data.

Can you tell me, how I can convert the binary stream back into real text (what RTF format is) WITHOUT useing the TextDynamic control? Because the wordmakro has just to collect the data in the rtf column to insert them into a serial letter. Using the TextDynamic for ths serial letter too is not possible, this is part from a bigger project and the customer want to use ms word for this. The TextDynamic is only for the access adp application.

thank you
    Frank

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

It is true, it is best to attach the TextDynamic editor to a binary (object) field.

Reasons:
    - binary: RTFis binary too (when images are used there can be \0 characters in the text)
    - no size limit: Text fields sometimes are limited to 64KB. RTF Data is usually a lot bigger.
    - faster, less memory consumption: since RTF is binary 8 bit it does not make sense to convert it to 16 bit unicode.

Zitat

Can you tell me, how I can convert the binary stream back into real text (what RTF format is) WITHOUT useing the TextDynamic control? Because the wordmakro has just to collect the data in the rtf column to insert them into a serial letter. Using the TextDynamic for ths serial letter too is not possible, this is part from a bigger project and the customer want to use ms word for this. The TextDynamic is only for the access adp application.

The conversion would take the binary data and convert it into a 2 byte OLE string. Sorry, I don't know VB code which does this exactly.

Julian