Problem with style on first paragraph during merging.

• We have a program that uses WPTools v6, and are having some trouble with merging edit fields.

Our program uses a standard document with edit fields for merge of title, date, address information a.s.o, and this document has a edit field for merging of other documents. The problem is that the style of the edit field for merging other documents in to the standard document, affects the first paragraph of the other documents. This also applies when there is no style set to the edit field. So if the standard document has a edit field without style, and I want to merge a new documents into this edit field, I have to a a blank paragraph to the document I am merging. If not, the first paragraph (if for example set to Heading 1) will loose it's style and be displayed as regular text (normal text size, no bold a.s.o).

This is a relatively serious problem for us since we allow our users to create both standard documents with merge field, and documents that will be merged into those standard documents. It is a bit strange to tell all our clients to add a blank paragraph to all documents they want to merge.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
    Stian Ertvaag
    Waade Information System AS

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I am not sure. Is this a style for a field or for the paragraph where the field is located within.

I assume the last. But now I don't understand, do you want to apply the style to the inserted text, do you want to preserve sty<les of inserted text or is there a problem with first line only?

There are some flags in Contents.Options which influence the way text is inserted, such as preserving styles.

Julian

• You can close this thread, there was no problem. Some of the developers on this project had added code to clear text attributes on the oncreate. Without this, the documents are displayed correctly.