Support for Endnotes?

• I understand that the premium version supports footnotes. By client requires endnotes (i.e. all footnote text appears at the end of the document).

I have implemented an endnote system in WPT5 using bookmarks with naming conventions, e.g. BOOK001, BOOK002, etc. This, together with a rountine to renumber all of the endnote bookmarks in the document, does give me the desired result - but not without a few quirks and glitches.

I was hoping for native support for this feature in the WPT product. Is this being considered for a future release?

• It is often the case for this client that the endnotes would span multiple pages. My solution was to simply append the endnotes to the end of the document as protected/bookmarked text. As notes were inserted/deleted, I exceuted a routine that deleted all of the bookmarks and then re-added them in the correct order.

In the example below, I have bookmarks in the main document with related bookmarks that are automatically inserted at the end of the document. The bookmarks are named with similar names so that I can track their associations. As the user inserts/deletes these special bookmarks in the main document, the ABOOKs are re-created in the same order as they appear in the document. The rountine also adds superscripted reference numbers to both parts, which are renumbered after each edit.

Example:

This is some <BOOK1>text</> in the main part of the <BOOK2>document</> that the user can edit.

This is the last line of the document.

<ABOOK1>This is the end note text for note 1</>
    <ABOOK2>This is the endnote text for note 2</>