Table borders on row split across two pages

• Hi

I have a table containing a row which splits over two pages. The table is configured to have a border on all sides of each cell.

However, when the row splits over the two pages, the output produced by wPDF does not show the border at the bottom of the row on the first page.

Using WPTools 5.18 and wPDF 2.51.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon
    --

• Hi simonwilsher,

This is not a wPDF issue, but a "WPTools" definition.

It really doesn´t draw the bottom border.

Maybe if we get a lot of votes, (mine included), Julian should add this as a "ViewOption" :)

Alessandro

• Hi richardhall,

I don´t know what you mean about "exporting as RTF". My application has a text editor inside using WPTools (4 and now 5) and works nativelly as RTF, and I never saw that bottom border there.

Are you sure that there is a border, or just a "grid line" (ViewOptions = [wpShowGridLines]) that in fact, while printing, is not there?

Or maybe I´m missing something all this time :)

Alessandro

• When using TWPCustomRtfEdit or any decendants of this class and you make a document with a large page-width table in it, create a cell that overflows that first page onto a second. Apply full borders to that cell and you'll find that the border on the bottom of the first page shows up properly, prints, etc.

However when you produce a PDF document from this RTF using a TWPPDFExport object that single border line is lost while the rest are kept. This surely can't be 'by design'...

• Well, I tried your workaround with WPTools 5 and it still doesn´t draw the border, only the "grid line".

I tried a different approach also with WPTools 5, using "Paragraph Border" instead of "Table Border", and it works if I select to draw the border with a different color than black. If I select black it still doesn´t draw.

But with WPTools 4 your workaround works. Maybe Julian has "fixed" the missing in version 5, so it the workaround doesn't work now :)

Thanks for your tip, and don´t forget to put your vote for version 5 ! :D

Alessandro

• But I'm already using WPTools version 5 as mentioned above and GridLines is set to False anyway so there must be more to this. Clearly theres something different between how you're trying this and how I am as we're getting different results using the same version of WPTools. Are you definately using wPDF version 2?

• Hi Julian,

What do you mean about

Zitat

will not be in V5.18.1

?

Do you intend to be sure that it will never be drawn? Or do you intend to add a property to decide if it is visible or not?

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

• I'm not sure I understand why you think it needs a property.. surely if you specify for it to have full borders on that cell u'd just expect it to produce that?

Are you suggesting a property to specify whether the bottom border of the top half of a page-spanned cell and the top border of the second half of a page-spanned cell are shown?

• Yep,

Appearly you, farukg and me would like to have the bottom border show. Julian instead thinks not to be necessary. That´s why I started a vote process :)

I need that since my application need a text editor based on "A replacement for MSWord", so, if MSWord draws that bottom border, I need to draw it also.

Alessandro