Using wrong printer default paper bin

• Hello,

I am using printer setup with explicitly defined paper bin.

But when I printing the document, it prints it always to the default tray. I can also see this in the printing task property. It shows that Paper source is "Automatically select" instead of "Tray 1" or "Tray 2".

I was trying to change the value of the property wpDoNotChangePrinterDefaults but it doesn't make a difference.

Can you please provide me with a tip how to solve this problem?

Thanks
    Vitaly Gamarnik

• Hello Julian,

With driver setup is everything OK. All pages A4 and can go to any tray. This was tested on many different printers.

I found a solution by changing TWPPaperBin to SmallInt and assigning -1 to FirstPagePaperSource and AllPagePaperSource. wpDoNotChangePrinterDefaults is false. Than it selects printer default tray.

But I am not sure if it is correct solution. I think using the printer default tray should be default behavior when wpDoNotChangePrinterDefaults is true.

Any suggestion?

Vitaly

• Hello Julian,

After further investigation, it has been found that solution with assigning -1 to Page Paper Sources doesn't work for all printer suppliers (for example it works for all HP printers but doesn't work for all Canon printers).

So the question is still same... What should I do in order to print to the tray defined in the printer setup (currently the component resets paper bin to the AUTO)

Thanks
    Vitaly