WPTools Release 5.20.4 is now available for download.

• Offizieller Beitrag

24. April 2006

There is a new release to polish V5.20:

+ new powerful function FieldLocate which can be used to enumerate the fields in the document
    to read or write their contents. It was created to offer an alternative to Mergetext which does
    not require the use of a callback.
    * Cursor Up/Down now tries to keep the horizontal cursor position (can be switched off in EditOptionsEx)
    + MailMerge(name) now allows ONE wildchars character "*" in the name parameter
    + MailMerge(name, command) also compares the command property of the fields. Allows wildcard "*" in name and command parameter.
    + WPRichText.Memo.DisableBackgroundOnBWPrinter can be set to TRUE if (and only if!) there are problems with the printer printing colored text.
    * other changes and stability improvements.

1. March 2006

WPTools Release 5.20.2 is now available for download.

It has an esspecially nice new feature: display a hint with page number in the scrollbar track event.

Also new: autoselection of merge fields

The paint routine was also optimized (OnPaint event!) and zooming works even better now.

01.3.2006 V5.0 RELEASE 20.2
    + new event PaintPageHint: Customize the canvas properties or paint the page number in your own code (then set "Ignore" to true)
    + new EditOptionsEx: wpAlwaysColWidthPC when changine a column width all width will be calculated in %.
    + new global variables WPHTMLUL_ListImageURL_circle and WPHTMLUL_ListImageURL_bullet to set an image
    name for the HTML export to be used for <ul> items
    + CSS now understands the color 'transparent'
    + new options for Contents.Options in OnMailMergeGetText:
    mmIgnoreLoadedFonts and mmIgnoreLoadedFontSize to ignore fonts when loading RTF
    - some fixes in engine
    + new event: OnPaintPageHint

23.2.2006 V5.0 RELEASE 20.1
    - (!) fix in RTF reader to work when correctly when Czech list sorting is active
    + new event: OnTestForLinkEvent to detect hyperlinks in plain text.
    + new: [Ctrl+DELETE] deletes word or white space to the right
    + CSS format now supports the MS Office elements: mso-style-parent and mso-style-parent
    * better detetection of symbol fonts
    * function IsSelected returns FALSE if text is selected but the length of the selection is 0 character
    + new demo: PrintOnBMP - for those who want to FAX pages
    + new demo: PlainTextLinks - use hyperlinks in plain text (without having <a> tags in text)
    + new procedure ScrollLinePos(par, posinpar) makes this text line first of screen (when text long enough)
    - paste of tables in RTF code works better
    - improved automatic field selection
    * better display of selection of paragraph breaks
    * also show manual pagebreak (dashed line) when property WordWrap=true

11.2.2006 V5.0 RELEASE 20.0
    + Display hint with "Page/ PageCount" when the text is scrolled. Can be switched off using
    compiler symbol NOPAGENHINT or ViewOption 'wpDontDisplayScrollPageHint'
    + OnPaint event now allows flicker free painting
    + New EditOption: wpSelectCompleteFieldAlsoWhenInside - even wehn selection is done within a field
    the complete field will be selected.
    + EditOption: wpDontSelectCompleteField - unless activated, always select a complete fields when
    the selection contains part of a field
    - several fixes to RTF reader (i.e. \line\par in header)
    - fix for default tabstops in WordWrap mode
    + new ClipboardOption: wpcoDontCopyProtectedAttribute, dont copy the protected attr (RTF, WPTOOLS)
    * better support for the WordWrap mode (when page LayoutMode is selected)
    + support for context menu key. The event OnMouseDownWord will be triggered when the context menu key was
    pressed. If you use the new EditOptionEx: wpDontTriggerPopupInContextEvent the old behavior is
    established, the event will be then only triggered in OnMouseDown.
    * some fixes to improve stability
    * better display of embedded textobjects

• Hi Julian, it seems still one bug is left which is still giving compilation and installation errors. The code at line 8122 in file 'WPRTEPaint.pas' is left out of the {$IFDEF WPX} by mistake, and is failing to compile. It compiles after we move the code into the IFDEF block.

Code
    NumOffs := lineData.x + lineData.txoff - cx - w;

Also, with BDS 2006 update 2 the BCB compiler package is creating the file WPRTEDefs.hpp incorrectly. The definition

Code
    typedef char TWPPaperName[64];

is generated at line 5815 and is getting referenced at line 5045 again resulting in a compilation errors.

• Anthony,

There's no such thing as a dumb question, there's only my dumb answers...<g>.

You should find an email from WPTools Support giving you the URL to go to, as well as your Login-Name and Password you'll need to access it.

To get to the source download area to get the latest and greatest simply:

1) go to https://www.wpcubed.com
    2) click on "Support" (just below the header graphic)
    3) click on "Customer Login".

Voila. You're there, ready to provide your Login-Name and Password.

Hope that helps...:)

Regards,
    richard diamond

• Jazzman,
    Yes this helps. I see it is the same procedure I went thru after my original purchase. I just return to the same page with my original login and download and install on top of my current sources, then rebuild the packages.

Thanks,
    Anthony