Addict/WPTools auto-correct problem.

• I'm posting this here because I know the Addict folks read this, and I'm not sure which is the source of the issue.

Using WPTools 5.20.5 and Addict 3.4.5 Pro. My application uses the exact implementation as in the WPTools Addict demo. This problem exists in the demo as well.

Normally, after entering text that should fire an autocorrect and pressing space, the word is filled in. At this time, only the last four letters of the word show. However, if you press return, the rest will show. It seems to be some sort of painting issue.

To reproduce in the demo, add a new auto-correct
    wpt WPTools

if you type 'wpt' then space, all that shows is 'ools'. If you press return now, it will show 'WPTools' as it should.

Any idea what might cause this?

• Hi bobby,

I was getting the exact same problem, but since I had to fix another problem, this one has been fixed as well. The problem that I fixed is about and "extra blank space after AutoCorrect". If you note, the AutoCorrect feature adds an extra blank space, so you will have two blank spaces after the AutoCorrected word.

I sent the fixes to Julian but he didn't add it to version 5.20.5, so I'm waiting for him to publish in the next release (5.20.6).

Hope this helps

Alessandro Fragnani

• Bobby,

Thanks for drawing this to our attention :)

It seems that the problem doesn't exist with the demo we currently have online at:

Which was built with WPTools 5.18.5

However when I rebuild with WPTools 5.20.5 I see the same problem.

I can also confirm that the Autocorrect works correctly in our Addict 3.4.5 Demo.

So I think something may have changed from the WPTools side of things - but I am uncertain whether this just requires a parser change. I've also just noted that the Addict/WPTools parser included in 5.20.5 has had a few minor adjustments done to it compared to the one we currently have online. So I'll check that out as well - Julian is often doing improvements to the parser and we are very grateful to him for that :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

In WPCtrMemo, KeyPress replace the code at the end of this procedure with

Julian

• Julian, I've made this change and recompiled, but now it's showing the last five characters instead of the last four. The full text is still not shown until you press return.

• Hi Bobby,

please change in WPTAddict.pas

With the changes Julian made in WPCTRMemo.pas and then two new lines, everything seems to be ok!!! :D

Regards
    Patrick

• also add this from Alessandro and it should work. There are three changes that have to be made it looks like.