• Is there any way to improve the default kerning in WPTools? My text looks scruffy compared to the same text rendered in MS Word. This gives my Word Processor a rather cheap look.

Type the phrase 'Historically however' into the demo WP on a new line, and set the font to arial 9pt. Now do the same in word and compare the results. You will see that the 's' in historically nearly touches the 't' and that the 'i' is rather crowded compared to MS Word. Similarly the 'w' in however appears to have crashed into the following 'e'. Curiously, the 'w' occasionally creashes into the preceding 'o' instead.

I hope that there is an easy fix to this one as I will need to pursuade my customers to move away from MS Word and this will not help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

You can add a menu option to switch on/off WYSIWYG. The easiest is using the flag wpfAlwaysFormatWithScreenRes in the property FormatOptions. That will improve the display on screen significantly. (It will not really disable WYSIWYG but change the internal resolution)

However, since in this case the text is not rendered at printer resolution the print out quality is not 100%.

Please see chapter WYSIWYG (under Guide) in the manual, also online available here https://www.wpcubed.com/manuals/wp5man/index.html

Kind Regards,
    Julian Ziersch