Print Preview question on wpoNumPages

• To insert the total number of pages, I call the following code:

Code
    Editor.InputTextField(wpoNumPages);
      Editor.ReformatAll();

When a user is in the Editor visual component they can italicize and boldface the 'wpoNumPages' object, but it cannot be underlined. I'm running 5.20.8.

Anybody know about this issue and have a workaround?

• Hi Julian,

In addition to what was originally reported in this post, the same behavior can be observed for the code:

Code
    Editor.InputTextField(wpoTime); Editor.ReformatAll();

Likewise, the Underline attribute does not take effect for a code like:

Code
    paragraph.InsertNewObject(index, wpobjTextObject, false, false).Name := WPTextFieldNames[wpoTime];

or

Code
    paragraph.InsertNewObject(index, wpobjTextObject, false, false).Name := WPTextFieldNames[wpoNumPages];

I see this problem even though I have WPTools version 5.30.1.

• In version 5.40, we are still experiencing the issue where the dynamic portion of the text in a footer is not getting underlined. It is effecting the time portion of a date/time, as well as the pages portion of a "page of pages".

If a report that contains the above mentioned data is previewed, printed to paper, or printed to PDF, the underlines are not present for the part of the footer mentioned above. If the same report is printed to RTF, the underlines are present when the RTF file is opened.

• We have recently upgraded from WPTools version 5.40 to 5.47.5. In testing this problem, we are still seeing that underline format is missing from part of the text under the circumstances stated above.

For previews, we use the TWPPreview. For printers, we sometime use CutePDF as a printer and generate a PDF file. When doing either of these, or sending directly to a printer, the report is missing the underline for the dynamic portion of elements mentioned above.