Outline - starting a new outline

• Hi Julian,

I've mentioned this previously and I do not know if there is a solution for it yet so that you can restart a new outline at number 1 rather than always continuing the outline.

I noted in the pdf upgrade document reference to a constant for TParagraph's ASet function, which is WPAT_STARTAT and it suggests that it changes the paragraph number of the first outline paragraph. I tried it, but it was not recognised by WPTools. Is the manual incorrect in this respect or am I possibly doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Mark

• Thanks Julian.

Does WPTOOLS support these and, if so, how do I use both of them so that I say wanted an outline to start at 10 and if I then wanted to change an outline so instaead of having para nos 1, 2, 3 & 4 it had 1, 2, 4 and 5.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

Does WPTOOLS support these and, if so, how do I use both of them so that I say wanted an outline to start at 10 and if I then wanted to change an outline so instaead of having para nos 1, 2, 3 & 4 it had 1, 2, 4 and 5.

this does not really make sense to me.

WPAT_NumberStart can be used to set the start number for a paragraph, just this one. All following are incremented.

You also have the PRO version - if you search for "WPAT_NumberStart" in WPRTEDefs, you will find code like this

Code
    if numlevel < NV.FLastNumlevel then
           for i := numlevel + 1 to 9 do
                 NV.FLastNumberInLevel[i] := 0;
    if par.AGet(WPAT_NumberStart, i) then
           NV.FLastNumberInLevel[numlevel] := i
           else

Julian