• Hi,

I am in the process of building a custom menu in VB2005. One thing I would like to include in it is the ability to have a single dialogue where you can set the font characteristics. i.e. the equivalent of the Format - Font menu option in Word. I would want bold, italics, underline, font face, size etc etc.

I can access the Paragraph properties in a single dialogue, but can't seem to find a way of doing the same for the font (using wpaProcess).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. I gave up trying to use the .Net 1.1 framework MainMenu control as it caused errors when trying to close the window. The dreaded 0xc0000005 windows access violation error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>I gave up trying to use the .Net 1.1 framework

I aggree, this menus are really not state of the art.

To modify the current writing mode it is best to change the property
    wpdllint.TextAttr

You can basically do everything with it and the change will automatically change the current qwriting mode or selected text. When you read it you will get the current properties.

Julian

• Julian,

I can see how this can be used to change individual aspects of the font, but how do I open a dialogue box with all of the font aspects and change them all at the the same time? This is in a similar fashion to using memo.wpqProcess("DiaParagraphProp") which shows a dialogue box which allows you to access the paragraph settings.

Do I have to write one of my own?