Numbering - Continue Numbering

• Hi,

I am trying to implement a "Continue Numbering" function as you get with Word's outline/numbering. So for example, if you have the following:

1 Para 1
    2 Para 2
    3 Para 3

Some arbitrary text

1 2nd para 1
    2 2nd Para 2

By clicking on the continue numbering function, I could make the number for 2nd para 1 be number 4 instead of number 1.

The only way I could find of implementing this was by querying the previous paragraphs before 2nd para 1. My code is as follows:

The function is failing at ts.AGet(WPAT_NumberText, num).

Questions are:

1 In principle, am I going about this the right way and
    2 How should I be getting the number of the last outline as the AGet function is not working.

Thanks,

Mark

• Hi Julian,

My restart and continue functions now appear to work reasonably well, but there is one issue I am not sure how to overcome.

If I put a couple of non-numbered paragraphs between numbered paragraphs and then make the last para a numbered para, my continue numbering works but updating the previous list does not update the later list.

Eg

1 Para 1
    2 Para 2
    3 Para 3

Blah...
    Blah...

1 Para 4

My continue numbering function will correctly update para 4 so that it is numbered 4. However, there is no connection between the first list and the second list so that if I add a new para to the first list so that its last numbered para becomes 4, the second list's numbering does not advance. Obviously because wpTools is treating it as a separate list. Is there some property that can be set so that the second list becomes a continuation of the first list?

Regards

Mark

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

Is there some property that can be set so that the second list becomes a continuation of the first list?

This is usually the expect behavior. If you use outline numbering (with the number styles using a group) it is different.

You can try wpfAutoRestartSimpleNumbering and wpfSimpleNumberingPriorityOverOutlines in FormatOptionsEx, also see the source in WPRTEDefs when seraching for wpfSimpleNumberingPriorityOverOutlines.

Julian