Issue appending documents with different page orientations.

• I'm using the TextDynamic control's Logical MDI Support by way of the IWPEditor.RTFDataAdd, IWPEditor.RTFDataAppendTo, IWPEditor.RTFDataDelete, IWPEditor.RTFDataSelect methods.
    The documents being created may be either in Landscape mode or not.

My documents are not saved as files but are saved into a database as unicode strings. I'm using the .Memo.LoadFromString() method to display each document. Each document loaded in this way will correctly relfect the page orientation; i.e. a document with page orientation of landscape will be displayed correctly in landscape and a document with page orientation of portrait will also be correctly in portrait.

My issue is when using RTFDataAppendTo() with these documents that have differing page orientations. The TextDynamic control doesn't section the documents with the correct orientations when all the individuals documents are appended into one "master document". I did attempt to input sections into the document before appending each document and set the Landscape property appropriately (.Memo.TextCursor.InputSection) but this only resulted in altering the whole document.

How does TextDynamic handle portrait and landscape oriented pages in the one document?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

My issue is when using RTFDataAppendTo() with these documents that have differing page orientations. The TextDynamic control doesn't section the documents with the correct orientations when all the individuals documents are appended into one "master document". I did attempt to input sections into the document before appending each document and set the Landscape property appropriately (.Memo.TextCursor.InputSection) but this only resulted in altering the whole document.

Currently this method is not designed to create a new section, it also does not copy header/footer. I check if an option flag can be introduced for this functionality.

Julian