• Hi Julian,

A couple more questions on this stuff (a few of them ones I raised a while back but have not been answered yet).

WPTools5 takes a bit of getting used to, but it is very powerful stuff. I suppose it is inevitable that it takes time to get used to it. However, with yopur help I am pretty close to getting a table properties page that has close to the same functionality as word. I think the only stuff I am missing now is:

1. WPAT_ParKeepN. I cannot get this to work with table rows. I have managed to get ParKeep working by using ASetRow and setting the value to 1, but I cannot get it to work with ParKeepN. Is this not possible for table rows or is there some other way I need to do this?
    2. Is there a ParKeepP to keep a paragraph with the previous row.
    3. I am using WPAT_BoxHeight to set the max height of a table row, which works except any text that is not visible due to the height restraint overflows into the row below. Any suggestions please?
    4. Is there a default setting for the table for IndentLeft and IndentRight, SpaceBefore and SpaceAfter so that you can change these settings for the whole table as opposed to the current cell?

Thanks,

Mark

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

1. WPAT_ParKeepN. I cannot get this to work with table rows. I have managed to get ParKeep working by using ASetRow and setting the value to 1, but I cannot get it to work with ParKeepN. Is this not possible for table rows or is there some other way I need to do this?

Keep is supported, but KeepN is not supported in table rows.

I don't know a way but I put that on the list for next version. It requires a partly two pass reformat logic and requires some changed coding.

Zitat

2. Is there a ParKeepP to keep a paragraph with the previous row.

KeepP is nt there and also not really common. What do you need, do you need to bind a paragraph to a table ?

Zitat

3. I am using WPAT_BoxHeight to set the max height of a table row, which works except any text that is not visible due to the height restraint overflows into the row below. Any suggestions please?

Version 5 will not clip that overflow text. Maybe V6.

Zitat

4. Is there a default setting for the table for IndentLeft and IndentRight, SpaceBefore and SpaceAfter so that you can change these settings for the whole table as opposed to the current cell?

The inheritance of this values has been disabled in

function TParagraph.AGetInheritedFromPar(WPAT_Code: Byte; var Value: Integer): Boolean;

You can disable the releant code if you need this. In general word processing it is dangerous and caused problems since it happend quite often that the indents of the text where a table was created were too large for the cell. It is also not common for RTF.

Julian

• Hi Julian,

Thanks for the reply.

2 I was only wandering about ParKeepN as this is supported by xsl:fo (formatting objects).

Thanks for the info on the rest. Clipping of overflow text on a table row would be really handy.

Thanks,

Mark