Text does not wrap in header

• I have a field (or replaceable text) which is placed in the report header, but doesn't wrap.

The problem is that *any* long text whether in a table cell or not fails to wrap when defined in a header. If the field/text is put in a Text band then it wraps ok whether or not it is in a cell.

• Are you suggesting I do those things after the whole report has finished merging? Or, each time the header text is asked for (also, perhaps there will be many headers/sections).

Also, the problem with ignoring the page height, I thought, was that "keep together" (orphan) control and footers etc would not work properly.

At the end of generating the report, should I also turn "ignorepageheight" back to False (which I seem to need to get the page looking ok) and then also reformat all.?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

>>Are you suggesting I do those things after the whole report has finished merging? Or, each time the header text is asked for (also, perhaps there will be many headers/sections). <<

The IgnorePageHeight mode only allows one section - this is a problem at present. One first, and odd and even headers. The ReformatAll - if it is required at all - needs to be exected after the report is done.

>>Also, the problem with ignoring the page height, I thought, was that "keep together" (orphan) control and footers etc would not work properly. <<
    You can specify a band to NOT stretch - then it won't be splitted, maybe this helps you.

Julian