How to set WPAT_NoWrap on a TWPTextObj object

• Currently it is possible to have no text wrapping of a table cell by setting ASet(WPAT_NoWrap, 1) on the TParagraph of the cell. For this to work properly, you need to have [wpAllow_WPAT_NoWrap] in the FormatOptionsEx.

What I need to have is to be able to set a similar WPAT_NoWrap property on a TWPTextObj object instead of the TParagraph.

Here is a visual sample of what I need to have:

Code
    +--------------------+
    |This text must be   |
    |displayed on        |
    |multiple lines: []  |
    +--------------------+

The [ ] placeholder is an input edit field create with InputEditField. I want the text "This text must be displayed on multiple lines:" to be displayed on multiple lines, but I want the text entered in between the [ ] markers to be displayed on a sigle line with no wrapping.

Is this possible ?

The only workaround I found is putting the InputEditField on a seperate line in the cell or to create another cell to the right containing only the InputEditField.

Michel W.

• Michel,

Until Julian responds with what is sure to be a more correct and / or elegant response, see if this helps.

Since you say you already have the TWPTextObject, you can take advantage of its Wrap property:

Code
    procedure SetTextObjectProperties( ImageTextObj : TWPTextObj );begin   with ImageTextObj do begin          PositionMode :=  wpotPage;          relx := 0;  // you might want to change this          rely := 0;  //and this one as well          Wrap := wpwrNone;       // what the heck, I felt like throwing the next line in          Mode := Mode + [ wpobjObjectUnderText ];   end;end;

Alternatively, you can set the Wrap property once for ALL TWPTextObjects:

Code
    WPRichText1.TextObjects.DefaultWrapMode     := wpwrNone;

Hopefully that points you in the right direction.

Regards,
    diamond

• Offizieller Beitrag

Many thanks to JazzMan - the anwer is correct but was connected to the premium versions and the text boxes which are included there.

Zitat

What I need to have is to be able to set a similar WPAT_NoWrap property on a TWPTextObj object instead of the TParagraph.

A TWPTextObj is just a character, it cannot have multiple lines unless they are custom painted (there is an event).

You are talking about a merge field - such a field consists of two TWPTextObj instances and some text inbetween. This text does not behave differently to nurmal text.

To solve your problem I suggest to use a table and place a merge field inside.

Julian