WPTools 6 available? Where?

• I read in one of your message, that WPTools version 6 beta is available to new customers. If that is true and the beta is not available to legitimate users of WPTools 5 - than I am really dissapointed by that decision.

Let me explain why. I use WPTools since version 3. I payed you for new versions - upgrade to version 4, than version 5. Now you have new version - I am waiting for it (unicode support and changes in dialogs GUI) - and now you get this new betaversion to your new customers only??? We your loyal customers have more experience with WPTools compared with new customers, we have projects where are your components used and we are omitted from betatesting? Why are you choosing this strategy? Why didn't we received any notification about availability of this release or at least some explanation? Are your loyal customers not important for you and you need to catch new customers only?

If we can not betatest and you have only few betatesters than, please, explain the situation to your other customers. We need more information.

Maybe I missed some information, but I read all messages about WPTools 6 and didn't find any detailed explanation. If you have more information available, can you please forward me to correct place?

Is it only me who has this feeling about lack of the provided informations?

Petr.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

The beta was out for a few days only - mainly to eliminate problems with the installer. The Kernel is as stable as WPTools 5 is - simply because it is based on it. The new functiality was tested for quite a while, but only in compiled form, not as VCL. WPTools 5 also inherited a lot of improvements developed for WPTools 6 - this may be bad for sales, but is good for the customers.

New functionality will only go into WPTools Version 6.

Delphi 2009 required quite some efforts, and, as compromise, it is not included in the "Standard" WPTools 5, only PRO and Premium and naturally WPTools 6 Standard.

Regards,
    Julian Ziersch

• Hmmm to be honest, you didn't answer my questions at all. I understand that many improvements made for WPTools 6 are propagated back to WPTools 5 and new functions will be available only in WPTools 6. What I don't understand is why only NEW CUSTOMERS have access to betaversion??? Why your current customers can not buy upgrade or get access to some time limited betaversion to be able to try the new functions? We own components from DevExpress, HiComponents, TMS software, Digital-metaphors, and from some other companies. You are the only one who provide access to new betaversions to NEW customers only and completely ignore your current customers. In normal way, current customers get access to betaversion at first place and new customers gets only the final version.

Am I the only one person who has this feelings?

Quick update: I just discovered that upgrade to WPTools 6 is available. I have some questions about upgrade in different topic. Thanks for that.

Petr.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I don't understand what the trouble is about. We are talking about 14 days. The installer was not ready, neither did the manual contain any information about the new functions. The installer became complete 3 days ago.

The demos are announced here:
    http://wpcubed.com/forum/viewtopi…&highlight=

And the accusation "completely ignore your current customers" is not correct. In the contrary. All customers who purchased in 2008 directly from us got access to WPTools 6 (as was announced on the website). If sombody got forgotten, please drop me a mail - the database was updated manually. That also includes upgrade customers - because I thought this would be fair since WPTools 6 was scheduled earlier this year. This was not announced.

For the start the upgrade is priced cheaply. It will become more expensive as additional ideas got implemented.

Regards,
    Julian