Attributes for Protected Paragraphs

• I want a gray background behind my protected paragraphs and I don't want the background to appear when printing.

It appears that this should be possible using the ProtectedTextAttr setting in the TDBWPRichText component but I've tried changing some of the properties within this group such as BackgroundColor and TextColor and there is no change to the displayed document.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

ProtectedTextAttr does not chante the protected paragraphs, just the text with the afsProtected flag.

The easiest would be to apply paragraph shading to the protected paragraphs, you can assign and remove that quickly in a loop over all paragraphs.

Optionally You can also use some code to render custom backgrounds for certain paragraps, see demo CustomParDraw which uses this event handler:

Code
    procedure TWPCustDraw.WPRichText1CustomLinePaintBefore(Sender: TObject;  RTFEngine: TWPRTFEngineBasis; Param: TWPVirtPagePaintParam;  EndOfPageRun: Boolean);begin  if Flash.Checked and (Param.Par = flashpar) then  begin    Param.Canvas.Brush.Style := bsSolid;    Param.Canvas.Brush.Color := clYellow;    Param.Canvas.FillRect(Param.Rect);  end;end;procedure TWPCustDraw.WPRichText1CustomLinePaintAfter(Sender: TObject;  RTFEngine: TWPRTFEngineBasis; Param: TWPVirtPagePaintParam;  EndOfPageRun: Boolean);var r: TRect;  par: TParagraph;begin  if EndOfPageRun then // at last ...  begin    r := Param.UnionRect;    Param.Canvas.Brush.Style := bsClear;    if CreateBox.Checked and      (Param.Tag=2) then    begin      Param.Canvas.Pen.Width := Param.Page.XPixelsPerInch div 30;      Param.Canvas.Pen.Color := clBlack;      InflateRect(r, Param.Page.XPixelsPerInch div 30,        Param.Page.XPixelsPerInch div 30);      // We need to start on next page with a box!      if not Param.Par.HasText('$end') then         HasOpenBox  := TRUE;    end    else    begin      Param.Canvas.Pen.Width := 0;      if flashmode then Param.Canvas.Pen.Color := clYellow      else Param.Canvas.Pen.Color := clRed;    end;    Param.Canvas.Rectangle(r.Left, r.Top, r.Right, r.Bottom);  end else    if Param.Tag = 0 then // check each par only once!    begin      // This is need to for dynamic boxes to span multiple pages!      if Param.PageNo=0 then HasOpenBox := FALSE;      Param.Tag := 1;      if HiglightNOW.Checked and        not Param.Par.IsTable        and Param.Par.HasText('NOW') then      begin        Param.CallAgainToClose := TRUE;        Param.UseUntilIncludingPar := Param.Par.LastInnerChild;      end else if CreateBox.Checked then      begin        par := Param.Par;        if HasOpenBox or par.HasText('$start') then        begin          while (par <> nil) and not par.HasText('$end') do            par := par.next;          Param.Tag := 2; // we need to know that this is a dynamic box          Param.UseUntilIncludingPar := par;          if par <> nil then Param.CallAgainToClose := TRUE;        end;      end;    end;end;

This is a bit complicated since it draws a frame around selected paragraphs, it would be simpler to do just shading: