Input cursor anywhere on blank page to start typing?

• I'm upgrading a project from V4 to V5. In the V4 project I was able to allow the user to click anywhere on the wpRichText editor and start type in the position even if the page was blank. In V5 the cursor cannot be placed anywhere on the wprichtext for example at the end of a line that is blank.

The user now has to tab, space, or return to get to anywhere on the page to start typing. i understand this is more like common word processor functionality but I need it to work like V4 for my project.

What am I missing with V5? Is there a property I have not found to allow the user to input anywhere in a page and type at that position?

Thanks.

• Hello, since this is not a feature of the wpRichText would it be possible to fill a single page with spaces to simulate this? The end result i want is that the user could click anywhere on the new page and the cursor would go to the spot. With a page of spaces this would work. I manually simulated this in the wpdemo make a page of spaces. I just need to kow how to do this in code.

I know this seems strange but i'm building a music editor around wptool5. i need to be able to allow the user (without manually inserting line breaks and space) to click anywhere on a new song page and type text or insert a chord maker at the spot. They might start on what would be line 2 and start typing the lyrics to the song. Then at some point go back to line 1 position 10 and insert a chord. Then they might go down 10 lines and start writting a chorus or bridge section. They need to be able to jump around in the document (without hitting enter or space) but still have it act basically like a word processor.

Does this make sense? Just need to fill a new page with spaces to simulate clicking anywhere.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

If you go this way, please make sure to set the property Inserting (in code) to false. Otherwise, newly inserted text will move everything else down.

I don't like the idea so much. Any CR will have a fatal effect on all the other texts.

I could think of creation new lines and an automatic indent or tabstop on first click, but then goinf back will cause problems.

Right now I do not have an idea how to solve this with WPTools in an ideal way.

Julian