Some issues found in version 5.50

• Hi,

I Just downloaded version 5.50 and noted some differences between that and version 5.35

1.There is an white underline AND overline for each blank space between each word in fields. I couldn’t find anything to turn it off. In fact it happens not only for fields, but appears to be something in ‘background paint’ since even for background colors defined in paragraphs, this White underlines also appears. But in this case, it is not always drawn, and doesn´t respect the blank spaces only. I noted this problem when zooming differs from 100%. Unfortunatelly I couldn’t test this in WPTools 6 demo since it doesn´t have background color for fields. I’m using this as AutomaticTextAttr configuration:

oWPRichText.AutomaticTextAttr.BackgroundColor := $00DADADA;
    oWPRichText.AutomaticTextAttr.UseBackgroundColor := True;
    oWPRichText.AutomaticTextAttr.AlsoUseForPrintout := False;
    oWPRichText.AutomaticTextAttr.HotStyleIsActive := True;
    oWPRichText.AutomaticTextAttr.UseBackgroundColor := True;

2. I noted that the mouse wheel sensitiveness is different. In version 5.35 I have to hit 14 times the wheel, to scroll a single page. In version 5.50, only 5 is enought. I prefer version 5.35. Versiont 6 demos is smooth, requiring 28 hits;

3. When I try to use Ctrl + Mouse Wheel to change zooming, it has a strange behavior. It changes the zooming, but also scrolls to another page, at the 3rd or 4th key combination. I’m using a 9 pages document, put the cursor at the second paragraph of the first page. Hit Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Down once, it scrools to between first ad second page. Hit again and it goes to the 8th page. Really strange. Unfortunatelly I couldtn’t test this in Version 6 demo, since it doesn’t have zooming on with Ctrl + Mouse Wheel.

Thanks for your help.

Alessandro Fragnani

• Hi Julian,

Sorry, but I didn't receive any e-mail from You since the beggining. Could you send me again?

Didn't you note the problem neither in Fields? Or just with basic background color?

I prefer not changing your code, unless you say that will do it in the oficial WPTools code, otherwise I will have to re-code every time I get a new update. I just pointed you the difference between the releases, thinking it could be some collateral effect of another change, hopping you could fix it. Since it appears not being collateral, it will remains untouched, unless the customers note the difference.

Thanks

Alessandro Fragnani