twpRichText - Detecting any change as it happens

• Using v5.23.6.

I know I can tell when the contents of the twpRichText has been modified by checking the modified property.

BUT how do I detect a change as it happens so I can update the enabled status of a save / cancel button?

I had the type of question in the past related to using spell check and we had a work around using an event of the icon press of the spell check button.

BUT... no one is clicking a button here... just typing text.

I would think the OnChange event would be the natural thing, but no go.

1) So what is the OnChange good for?

2) How do I detect any changes to the content by the user.

3) How do I detect any changes to the content when done by code and not the user.

Again... not intersted in the modified property... but a way to have an event fire as it happened.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My version of the WPCtrMemo does this:

Zitat

procedure TWPCustomRtfEdit.ChangeApplied;
    begin
    Modified := TRUE;
    if assigned(FOnChange) then FOnChange(Self);
    end;

ChangeApplied is called after a change has made to the text.

v5.23.6 is a bit old version, there is a much newer in your download account.

• Zitat von wpsupport

My version of the WPCtrMemo does this:

ChangeApplied is called after a change has made to the text.

v5.23.6 is a bit old version, there is a much newer in your download account.

Ok... here was the problem in this situation. We had always used the TDBWPRichText which wasn't firing the onChange. I just switched everything over to the TWPRichText and now I see it firing. My WPCtrMemo has the same code.

I am definitely going to like using the TWPRichText since the OnChange works. We will be abandoning the TDBWPRichText since we are always using a SQL database and usually with a middle tier.