Some basic questions

• Hello.

I just downloaded pdfView und have some basic questions :
    *) I tried some PDF and found that not all work fine for example a PDF created with Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0
    -) The images are only a rectangle with a blue line
    -) Some bold text are now only "normal font"
    -) The enumeration (·) only show some curios chars.
    -) Tried to print it to Adobe Distiller - the Demo Application closed without an error and the print jobs was deleted ?

*) Is it possible to copy some text (and images) from the pdf like in Adobe Acrobat ?

*) Because there are some bugs, my final question is, did we get the full source code to can handle some things we are need ?

regards
    snoopy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello!

Zitat

*) I tried some PDF and found that not all work fine for example a PDF created with Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0

>> -) The images are only a rectangle with a blue line

There are some image formats which are not yet understood - most important indexed RGB images and CCITT images. These are in development.

>>-) Some bold text are now only "normal font"

Maybe this is a font problem. For the next time WPViewPDF does not and will not suppoirt Type1 fonts - there is also a patent on the rendering algorithm of this kind of fonts.

>>-) The enumeration (·) only show some curios chars.

ZapDingbats is not yet converted - that will come.

>>-) Tried to print it to Adobe Distiller - the Demo Application closed without an error and the print jobs was deleted ? <<

I have no idea - it should print something - it is regular HDC drawing code.

Please note that WPViewPDF is not positioned to read PDF files created by Destiller, maybe even on different OS (MAC). It is positioned to view and print the PDF files created with your own business application (using a PDF tools such as WPDF, PDFControl or competing products) and in future also to show PDF forms. (with edit fields ...)

>>*) Is it possible to copy some text (and images) from the pdf like in Adobe Acrobat ? <<
    This is not possible yet. Kind Regards, Julian Ziersch.