• WPCubed,

I purchased wPDF last year and have implemented it successfully into our Delphi application. I have just reinstalled my environment onto a new computer and am upgrading all of my components. I logged into your customers area and downloaded the latest version of wPDF, installed it and copied the new wPDF300A.dll into my application's folder. However now when I save PDF files from my quick reports, no file is outputted. When I copy the old wPDF300A.dll file back, it outputs the files successfully. Is there anything special I need to do to get this working with the new dll? The code I'm using to save the PDF is virtually identical to your quick reports sample code.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• Try renaming the latest WPDF300W.DLL to WPDF300A.DLL and put it in the application directory instead.

Julian has a long standing bug in the Unicode/ANSI DLL detection routine that gets triggered (at least) on Delphi2010 compiled executables.

The filename of the PDF output file gets mangled. I am guessing that if you use API tracer (FileMon, ProceMon) you will see that your application is trying to create a file on the root of the drove on which you want the output PDF file. If you are running as an administrator take a look if there is a file "C:\C" on your C: drive (if that was the output drive) and rename it to *.PDF.

--
    Regards,
    Matej.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I have tested the latest wPDF to be ok with Delphi 2010. The "W" DLL has been compiled with Delphi 2010 and is so able to use unicode filenames when creating a PDF file. Otherwise the functionality is the same.

But for the new DLL is is required to recompile the VCL. Are there any old units in the search path which are linked in?

You can use the "W" DLL by setting the name in property DLLName. If you install it to the application directory use

wPDF.DLLName := ExtractFilePath(Application.EXEName) + 'wPDF300W.dll';

Julian