Sections problem in WPIOReadRTF.pas

• WpTools 6.14

When I create rtf files with Word and then open in WPTools my page layout information is wrong. The problem seems to be with section breaks. When a document has section breaks on every page, the page layout information (margins, footer margins, etc.) are wrong. For example, page 1 is being set to 1/2" margins by default no matter what, then page 2 gets margins that were defined on page 1, then page 3 gets margins that were defined on page 2 and so on. It's like a page index is out of order. After looking at the WPTools source code I found a fix. In the unit WPIOReadRTF.pas I change the following...

I don't know if this is the correct fix or not. If anyone has a better fix please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

• Carlos,

I do have a solution but it's too much to post here. I'd be happy to send to you as long as Julian is OK with it. Julian, are you out there? I'd like to send this to you as well.

Just to recap my problem...there were several page layout properties were not working when opening a Word RTF. I fixed the properties that were important to me...

Paper height
    Paper width
    Left margin
    Right margin
    Top margin
    Bottom margin
    Header margin
    Footer margin

Tom

• Offizieller Beitrag

Of course I am interested for suggestions - as always at: support@wptools.de

Julian