Trouble with jpeg-format from wpviewpdf3

• Hi, I just upgraded to WPViewPDFPlus3, and ran into a problem. I'm using pdfMakeJPEG() to convert a pdf to a series of jpeg-pages, which are then to be imported into a TJPEGImage. This worked beautifully with WPViewPDFPlus2, but in 3 I get an exception with the error mesage "JPEG error #53", which from what I can gather has to do with a misformatted jpeg. I also tried opening the jpeg from pdfMakeJPEG() in Adobe Photoshop CS5 and got the error message "Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found." Windows 7 reads the file perfectly though, and so does ACDSee Pro 3. This seems to happen no matter which pdf-file I use as input.

There is also a matter with pdfMerge. With WPViewPDFPlus2 I've been using pdfMerge to convert TIFF-files into pdf's. When I try the same with WPViewPDFPlus 3, I get the error "Can't open output file for writing". This happens even if my output-file doesn't exist, and no matter which path or filename length I try. The resulting pdf-file is being created by the process, but without any content.

I also note that checkboxes and such are now converted correctly when making a jpeg, which they didn't in 2. Thanks :)

Hope you can address these concerns promptly, as I have clients waiting for updates :)

• Downloaded the new dll today, but the two errors remain :(

I also note that to select pages, I now right-click instead of left-clicking. This seems non-standard to me, and I have concerns that it won't be intuitive for my users.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You may send me your sample PDF and the JPEG - I can check it then.

The function of the mouse can be changed with

COMPDF_SelectMode = 133; // Activate Select Mode. If param negative the current state is returned
    // Different modes for left mouse.
    // Add 100 to select for right mouse
    wpmouse_Pan = 0;
    wpmouse_SelectText = 1;
    wpmouse_DrawCustom = 2; // Draw a frame and then call event
    wpmouse_DrawObject = 3; // Like wpmouse_DrawCustom but draw the object initialized before with COMPDF_MouseAddDrawObject
    wpmouse_SelectPage = 4;
    wpmouse_SelectObject = 5;
    wpmouse_Point = 6;
    wpmouse_SelectPath = 7;