Installation problem with Evaluation Download

• I've downloaded the DelphiXE evaluation version.

When I try to install the BPL, I get the following:

[MakeDir Error] Unable to create directory "S:\S\WPT5\VCL\DelphiXE\". Could not find a part of the path 'S:\S\WPT5\VCL\DelphiXE\'.

TIA,

John

• Thanks Julian.

I changed the DCP and BPL output directories to : $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp and $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\BPL. I then tried simply changing the paths to known good directories and got the same result.

Then when trying to install I still get 3 instances of:
    [MakeDir Error] Unable to create directory "S:\S\WPT5\VCL\DelphiXE\". Could not find a part of the path 'S:\S\WPT5\VCL\DelphiXE\'.

Sorry for the problems.

John

• Thanks Julian.

Unfortunately, I now get the following error when I try to install the BPL:

[DCC Fatal Error] WPDefActions.pas(1391): F2039 Could not create output file 'WPDefActions.dcu'

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,

John

• Julian,

Any chance that the link for the version you sent me is for XE2?
    The reason I ask is that it appears that way in the dcc line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WPTools\XE";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad
    studio\8.0\RBuilder\Lib" -K00400000 --description:"WPTools for Delphi XE2 - WPCubed GmbH" -NB"C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\Dcp"
    -NH"C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp" WPTools6_XE2.dpk

Thanks again.

John

• Julian,
    Thanks once again.

I've tried your suggestion, and I've seen this problem before and know it is a simple fix- I think. BUT, I can't recall how to fix it. Obviously its some sort of path dilemma.

Thanks for any additional hints you can provide. I want to place an order, (BTW- I own an older license to WP Tools back in the days when it was shipped on floppies ;) )

Anyway here is the error: [DCC Fatal Error] WPTools_Reg.pas(69): F1026 File not found: 'DesignIntf.dcu'

John Turner

• Julian,

Still getting all kinds of path errors, or errors like the following;
    [DCC Fatal Error] WPDBEval.pas(288): F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\WPTools\XE\WPDBEval.dcu'

I'm not having any other issues with DelphiXE and other 3rd party libraries.

Does the purchased product install differently? Should I just go ahead and purchase or is there something wrong with the evaluation installation?

Thanks again.

John

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

The purchased version does not have such problems since it includes the source files (Standard except for WPRTEDefs and WPRTEPaint).

Please check the first 2 pages on the project property if there are forgotten output paths.

The problem
    Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\WPTools\XE\WPDBEval.dcu'

Is probably caused because WPTools was installed in a protected directory which is not writable.

Julian

• Julian,

BINGO!

Thanks so much.

For some reason, that directory was protected. None of the other 3rd party tools did this, so, I was thrown off. I simply changed the rights on that directory.

Looks like everything installed perfectly.

Thanks again.

John