Not All added Graphics are printed.

• Hi

I have a WPTools-document with several images on it. When I print this
    document, not all images are printed.

A simple workaround is to adjust the resolution of the images before adding them to the WPtools-document.

Now I wanted to ask if there is a better way to bypass this problem? I couldn't find any options or similar things in the source code.

Thanks
    Stefan

• Hi Julian

Yes the number of images is the problem. If there is only one image on the document, everything is fine.
    But lets say there are 7 or more images on the document, then some images aren't printed, even if the actual resolutions of the images on the document are small.

So could you give me a small example?

Thanks.
    Stefan

• Hi Julian

Using the example given here, we were able to reduce the size of the images on the fly and all the images got printed.
    However, the reduced size and quality were clearly visible on paper and will most likely not be accepted by the customer.

Which kind of limited resources causes the problem?
    Is there an example on how to cache images to avoid the missing images?

Thank you

Stefan + Thomas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

there is no example since that would depend highly on the "infrastructure" of the project.

But the solution is pretty straight foreward

- You need to load linked images (use StreamName to identify the image)
    - Do NOT load the image in OnRequestHTTPImage
    - in the event OnTextObjectPaint load, paint and free the image

• We've checked the suggested solution and are afraid, this would result in a major overhaul of our reporting module.
    Since our product is in productive use by several hundred customers, overhauling a central component is a task, we'd like to avoid :?

Usually, writing reports with WPTools works perfectly fine. Only since some customers started to add several pictures to medical documents, we have this problem. A test-document with 8 pictures shows erratic behavior. Depending on printer and iteration, 1..4 pictures are randomly skipped when printing. No visible or internal errors are encountered.

Printing the same RTF-document of about 28MB from Word, WordPad or Richview works.

You can download the document here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3206828/RTF-from-WP.rtf

Any ideas or workarounds not requiring mayor surgery would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas