WPRichText behavior using mixed symbol - character set

• We've recently purchased wpTools 6 for its support for far-eastern symbols. Most of the issues we've been having by using 5.50 are gone now, however there's apparently a strange behavior when typing in mixed character sets into the same line. Let me give you an example:

When the user starts a line in the editor by entering some simplified Chinese symbols, then in the same line entering some English words (separated by space char), and finally some more Chinese symbols,a line-break action occurs and the last set of Chinese symbols will be moved to the next line.

According to the English input method this behavior is correct but in accordance with the Chinese line-breaking settings this is not the desired result. Is there a way to disable line-breaking either by setting properties or by code? Any suggestion would be welcome.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is there no space between the chinese and the english text?

It would cause other problems if the formatter would break between characters of different unicode ranges - I cannot think of a way for a clean approach.

• Why is there no space between the chinese and the english text?

This was new to me too, but apparently in Chinese there's no requirement for space character. More so you can have English words included in the context of a Chinese sentence or phrase because they just don't have a meaningful translation into Chinese like 'Windows 7' or 'Microsoft Office 2010'. I guess you get the point.
    I was simply looking for a property or code-sequence that can disable line-breaking triggered by space character. See the example below:

Now it looks like this:
    左心导管左心室造影Windows 7
    Ultimate
    左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左
    心室造影

..and it should look like this:
    左心导管左心室造影Windows 7 Ultimate左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造
    影左心导管左心室造影左心导管左心室造影

I apologize for the meaning of the Chinese characters used, was just picking some random symbols to demonstrate the desired effect.
    (By the way, the WYSIWYG message post editor of this forum also does it correctly) :wink: