How to change numbered text for text begining with numbers?

• I would like to change automatic numbering for text with numbers I can change manually.

How can I delete NumberStyles and change automatic numbers for editable text?

With NumberStyles I have, for example:

1. First text
    2. Second text
    3. Third text

Without numbering I would see the same, but I could change 1., 2. and 3. manually.

Does anybody know how to do that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood the question.

Do you have edit fields is numbered paragraphs?

In this case the numbers are created in front of the fields a the and cannot be edited.

You can assign a number using the attribute

WPAT_NUMBER_STARTAT

using par.ASet(..) for the current paragraph. Editing is not possible.

Julian

• Hi

I have problems when I read Microsoft Word documents that have automatic numbering.

The problems are of three types:

1. Indentation problems: unpredictable, unmanageable (some times indentfirst and indent left work, sometimes not). When I can manage them from WPTools, the next document works different, so the solution in one document doesn't work with the next.

2. Some numbered paragraphs come without space separating it from the next, if I want to insert a blank paragraph a new automatic number is created.

3. Sometimes numbering is absurd, for example it begins with 2, not 1. Or there are times when two or more continuos numbered paragraphs have the same number (2. ... / 2. ...)

So, when a Word document is read, I want to change automatic numbered paragraphs for just plain text with numbers.

A desired solution would be:

- For each paragraph test to see if it is a numbered paragraph (ele := par.GetNumberStyleEle; // if ( ele <> nil ) then begin ... end;)
    - If it is a numbered paragraph: 1. read the number (how?); 2. delete the numbering style for the paragraph (how?); 3. Add the former number "manually" at the beginning of the paragraph.
    - I also would have to know which paragraphs are part of a group to mantain the sequence, or I would have to go first to the last paragraph of a numbered sequence and begin changing numbering with it.

Can I do that? How?

With kind regards,

Carlos Borrero