How to use the RTFFiler?

• The reports we generate are around 2000 pages or more at times, and it cannot all fit in memory, so I understand I need to use the RTFFiler component. I can't find out much from the help file or the forum. Any help?

I have WPRichText1 (Source) and WPSuperMerge1 (Reporter) and WPRichText2 (Destination). Where does the Filer fit in, and how do I get it to work. I need to be able to print reports, preview them and "save as" (export to html, rtf, txt etc). At the moment, without the filer our software works well.

I've tried putting a filer on the form and setting the WPSuperMerge RTFFiler property, bu I then just get blank reports.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

You need to somehow spilt up the reports. The filer depends on the IgnorePageHeight property set to FALSE which is NOT recommened.

Maybe you can create the report into cpaters which are individually created. You could for example if the template contains several groups which are NOT nested make a pause when one is finished.

Then create simple single files. They can be still printed with a continuos page numbering using the offset in 'PrinteParameter'.

Julian

• Is there no other way to produce large reports then, without 5 GB memory or something?!

I thought that was what the rtffiler was for. I have a continuous report. It may or may not have groups. The customer creates the reports themselves, so they may be 1 page, 10 pages or 2000 pages. They may be nested groups or not. I will not know in advance how large the report will end up as.

If it always break up the report into batches somehow, there will be a problem with where to break it. I cannot guarantee that a record will end exactly at the end of a page. If I break the report too early there will be a blank area on the page. Also will there not be problems with page headers etc?

Does WpTools5 handle large reports automatically/better?