appending to an existing pdf from a pdf

• What is the best way to append / add a pdf file from another pdf file(multiple pages). Is there a way to append an entire doc or do you need to go through and open each page by page count and go through a startpage and endpage for each page?

Thanks in advace

• I must be missing something....i have tried messing with the inputfilemode and writing a test app in c++ and delphi, but i can't get a file to append to another file. the input file seems to overwrite its data on top of the original. I have tried many different things but below is a sample of code. I am trying to;

PDFFileA=PDFFileA+PDFFileB.

Thanks in advance.

• Julian,
    Maybe i am not explaining what i am looking for very well. I am trying to append pages from one PDF document to an existing PDF document....but the pagecount is always 0. Does wPDf have this capability?

In addition to that it would be nice if i could somehow read a PDF file into some sort of image files life a metafile for thumbnail display. I don't know if wPDF has this capability.

If wPDF does not have this capablity does any of your other VCL's or do you recommend any?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>Maybe i am not explaining what i am looking for very well. I am trying to append pages from one PDF document to an existing PDF document....but the pagecount is always 0. Does wPDf have this capability? <<

No, wPDF does not do this. It does not take pages from one PDF and append to a different. Our SDK has this ability but it is not publically available yet.

>>In addition to that it would be nice if i could somehow read a PDF file into some sort of image files life a metafile for thumbnail display. I don't know if wPDF has this capability. <<

WPViewPDF can do that.

Julian Ziersch