Questions from a potential user

• I am looking for a PDF tool for my software and wonder (a) what version of the tools I will need and (b) the cost of course. The most salient facts are:

(a) Currently, I am generating documents from my programs written in Delphi 7 by writing to the canvas of a postscript printer, and then converting the resulting PS file to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. This works fine, but I would like to be able to generate PDF directly. Which version would I need?

(b) I would also like to be able to add the ability to generate PDF files to some scripts (CGI) and an Intraweb application on a server I have.

In case that is relevant, the server is used within an academic institution (University of Bergen, Norway)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>(a) Currently, I am generating documents from my programs written in Delphi 7 by writing to the canvas of a postscript printer, and then converting the resulting PS file to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. This works fine, but I would like to be able to generate PDF directly. Which version would I need? <<

wPDF Standard does this. You can use its 'Canvas' directly or you can send metafiles 'EMF' to the PDF engine

>>(b) I would also like to be able to add the ability to generate PDF files to some scripts (CGI) and an Intraweb application on a server I have. <<

You need the wPDF Internet Server License for this.

Kind Regards,

Julian Ziersch