Text background color display problem with spaces

• If I select several words and change the text background color to yellow for example, the spaces will sometimes not be yellow or flicker between yellow and white as you drag a mouse to select the text again (not easily reproduceable). Also, if you do a print preview and use the scrollbars to find the page that the text with a yellow background is, the spaces will be white until you use a mouse scroll wheel to scroll the page, then the spaces become yellow as they should. The print preview/scrollbar method is easily reproduceable.

Sample, edit on left, print preview on right

• I currently have 9.2.3. Do you recall specifically doing anything about this issue in the later release? If not, I am reluctant to update (slow year for us) as it might still be there and it may be that you just cannot reproduce the same scenario and need a good example that you can try. I'll see what I can do.

• With 64bit builds, it appears to be related to WPPreview1's ViewOptionsEx of wpDisable2PassPaint. If I set this to True, spaces take on the text background color at all times, but can overlap any following area by about a half a char width, but not always. Also, some text gets "washed" out a bit, so not a great solution to set that option to true. I don't quite get why spaces always has the background color with the 32bit build but not with the 64bit build. Any ideas?