Problem with a SuperMerge

• I am having a problem with a merge.

I have a template all set up with 1 group on it. The group is multiple lines and I want to print 3 on a page. For sake of this discussion lets say the group has 15 lines. Just to keep it simple.

What seems to be happening is that my group is a little bit larger than what will allow for printing 3 of the groups on 1 page.

What I would expect to happen is on page 1, I get records 1, 2, 3. On page 2, I would expect to get the roll-over of record 3, then 4, 5, etc.

But what I get is on page 1 I get records 1, 2 and what fits of record 3, say lines 1-10. On page 2 I then get lines say 11 - 13 of record 3. That is it. Then on page 3 I get the rest of record 3 and then it goes to record 4, etc. etc.

Also, the print preview does NOT match up with what actually gets printed.

I have a footer. On the print preview, everything looks OK for the footer. But once I actually print it, the bottom lines end up overwriting the footer.

I am using version 4.09 and Delphi 7

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

- overlooked that message -

You need to set the property SuperMerge.IgnorePageHeight := TRUE

Only then the RTFEngine has control over the page breaks. The concept to create page breaks within the reporting is not reliable when the footer height is not know in advance. V4.09 is also a bit older now. Much work went into unit WPMerge.PAS since then.

The concept of the WPReporter in V5 is different. It will never create page breakes within the reporting procedure. Buzt now (since V5.13) it is possible to have table header/footer rows which are repeated automatically at page breaks. Togeheter with the 'only the fly' claculated fields it is finally possible to have a report whith accurate sub-totals wjhhich are modified when the page layout is chanhged AFTER the report has been made or the created text is edited. All that is not possible in V4.

Julian