• Is the "Changing" property of TWPCustomRtfEdit a way to tell if the user has changed the document since load? I can't find a "Dirty" flag, and this looks close to what I want, except that the "tense" seems wrong in that it should be "past tense", not "present tense". Tense wouldn't matter but for the help which says "This function returns true if the text may be changed" which to me reads like this is a Read-only type flag.

Essentially, what I want to do is check that the file hasn't been changed when the user closes the window, and if it has to offer to save (Save? Yes/No/Cancel type thing.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Matthew,

Until Julian gives you a more complete answer, you're right, there is a "past tense" flag that indicates the data's "dirty". It's Modified, a boolean property of TWPCustomRTFEdit (e.g., WPRichText1.Modified).

You can safely check it on the way out of the window to see if you need to alert the user to save their changes.

diamond

• Thanks both. I looked for alternative words, but "modified" wasn't one of them.

I half wonder about making a big "how to" list, for all the common things, but often I can find the answer here in the forum if I can think of the right word to search for. When I can't, I ask.

Many thanks,

Matthew