Chinese language support

• Can I use use wptools with chinese fonts. I have set up my PC (windows XP) so I can type chinese into delphi edits but it does not appear to work with wptools. All I want to do is be able to have chinese characters in a wptools document.

Theo Carr-Brion

• Julian,

Would you mind outlining the various steps involved, both directly connected to WPTools itself, and then any changes to Windows itself (e.g., Regional or whatever), need to be done in order for WPTools to work correctly with a different character set, such as the Chinese asked about here?

I have an interest in having it work for folks using Chinese in one situation, and Japanese at a different company.

Thanks..:)

diamond

• Okay, I'm about to reveal my profound ignorance in all this. Here goes...

Would you please tell me what is meant by "Select chinese input scheme"?

Also, there's reference to XP Asian pack. What about folks running a different OS (for example, Win2K or Win98 SE)?

And what is meant by the IME?

Thank you..:)

diamond

• For windows XP:
    1. Install files for East Asian Languages and Install files for complex script and right to left languages (this second one may not be needed). Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages. This requires a Windows CD.
    2. Install IME (input method editor) for Chinese. Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages, Details, Add. I chose input language Chinese PRC and keyboard layout of Chinese (I chose simplified). This requires the Windows CD as well.

There is also an option in the contol panel to make the language bar appear.

For older versions of windows I don't know.

Theo Carr-Brion